Crop LO contest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Crop LO contest Reply with quote

Just wondering if there is any more info on the details of the LO contest for the crop? Is there a certain theme for this and is it something that needs to be completed at the crop or is this something we can create prior to the crop?? Does anyone know how it works?? Just curious, and so looking forward to SF the countdown is on Very Happy Very Happy
Susanm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have received an email about it. If not email Lisa to forward it to you.
You can do it ahead....up to 2 page layout.....topic "What has scrapbooking taught you" ....... fill out form from Go Scrapping table and give to Karen by 9:30 pm.
Pretty important to get the email.
karent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susanm wrote:
You should have received an email about it. If not email Lisa to forward it to you.
You can do it ahead....up to 2 page layout.....topic "What has scrapbooking taught you" ....... fill out form from Go Scrapping table and give to Karen by 9:30 pm.
Pretty important to get the email.

Thanks so much for this info!! I've been receiving SF emails, but not the one about that held this info Sad I think probably because I had a friend register me, so probably Lisa didn't get my email attatched as a crop attendee. So glad I asked now. Off to email Lisa Very Happy
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Crop details Reply with quote

Are you ready to CELEBRATE? We have so much to celebrate...

ScrapFest, Spring, and one more very important event. Keep reading!!
We are thrilled that you signed up as a ScrapFest Cropper!! Are you ready to celebrate with ScrapFest and Karen Ellis of GO SCRAPPING at the Ultimate Crop Party?? You are in for a weekend to remember!!

Now, Friday, April 17th is a very special day to me, for it is my son Luke’s birthday. He will be turning 7 and when I asked him if it was alright with him if I held ScrapFest on his birthday, he replied, "sure Mom, as long as I can come!!" So get ready to celebrate!! We have some exciting things to tell you about!! We are going to have games and contests, and so much fun!!! So let's get this party started!!

SHOW US YOUR CREATIVITY CONTEST!

Yes, we want to see how far you will go using your creative minds!! Decorate your table, create a centerpiece, dress up in costumes, etc… the ideas are limitless. Our theme for the evening is going to be “LET'S CELEBRATE.” We have to decorate the place with a 7 year old boy in mind!!!

Prizes will be handed out to groups of four. There will be one very important judge to impress and his name is Luke Furtney. He will be on hand to evaluate all entrants at 7 :00pm and then ScrapFest will announce the winners at approx. 8 :00pm.

Larger groups are welcome. For larger groups, there will be 4 identical prizes awarded and it will be the responsibility of the group to decide who shall receive these prizes. So get your creative juices flowing, gather your group of friends and start creating!!

PAGE LAYOUT CONTEST!

Enter the Page Layout Contest for a chance to win a ScrapFest prize!! Jackie Ludlage, the founding editor of Canadian Scrapbooker will also be joining us and personally judging the entries! The winning layout will be published in the next issue of Canadian Scrapbooker! We know there’s lots of hidden talent out there!

The theme is "What has scrapbooking taught you!"

Important details to note:

* Limit of one layout per person (up to a two-page spread – please tape two page spreads together in the correct order)
* Layouts must be the original work of the entrant, no copies, no kits, and the entry must be unpublished
* Complete an entry form, available at the Go Scrapping table in the crop area and attach to the back of your entry
* Turn in your layout to Karen Ellis of GO SCRAPPING by 9:30pm on Friday, April 17th
* Originals are not required, copies are acceptable
* It is recommended that you submit your layout in a page protector
* Winners will be announced by Jackie Ludlage of Canadian Scrapbooker at 10:30pm on Friday, April 17th
* Pages will be judged on photography, journaling, creativity, and Best Overall.

ScrapFest organizers assume no responsibility for any scrapbook layout pages lost, damaged, or not received.

Frequently Asked Questions about the ScrapFest Crop:

1. Will I have access to the VIP Marketplace to shop? Yes, your ScrapFest Croppers pass allows you admittance on the Friday night into the Marketplace at 4pm. ONE HOUR before any other VIP participants!!! This will give you the opportunity to shop in the Marketplace from 4pm – 10pm. Of course, you will have the chance to continue cropping until midnight after the Marketplace has closed. On Saturday, the crop and the Marketplace open at 9am and the Marketplace closes at 5pm but the crop continues to 9pm! Please note that on Saturday, this is a crop day without a hosted party.

2. Will I have access to any tools/cutting sytems? Yes, Karen Ellis will be providing a tool table for the Friday Night Ultimate Crop Party. Check the forum shortly to see what she will be providing for the evening.

3. May I reserve a table for a group of us? Yes, if you have a group of 4 our more, then please inform ScrapFest and provide a list of names. We will do our best to accommodate you.

4. Are there food/drinks available? Yes, there is a food concession which will be open during Marketplace hours. After hours, we will be setting up a refreshment area.

5. Is the Cropping Area secure? ONLY ScrapFest Croppers will be allowed into the cropping area. ScrapFest will have overnight security for those who are interested in leaving their projects/tools for the evening but ScrapFest cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.

Looking forward to laughing, scrapping and celebrating with you!
Lisa
natkenicra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so darn exciting! I had to call pjscrappers as soon as I read this to see if she had!! We are in the planning stages now!!! Idea Laughing
Jillian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough theme!! It means so many things to me on different levels..I'll really have to put some thought into this one!!
karent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bunches for getting back to me with this uber fast Lisa Very Happy
I'm with Jillian tough subject matter, for the same reasons she said Wink I have pondered a couple different approaches to this and hoping to work with some paper this weekend and design my take on this Very Happy Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: