SCRAPFEST LOVE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 17th & 18th, 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
april

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: SCRAPFEST LOVE Reply with quote

Happy February!

Can you believe it is February 2020! I hope your past year has been a happy one and that you are looking forward to a year filled with joy, family, health and of course another Scrapfest!

The end of 2019 brought the unexpected passing of my Dad. It has taken me a bit to get back my mojo but I am definitely on my way. I feel very blessed to have had such a loving and caring Dad for my whole life. Dad was so very happy to see me get excited about Scrapfest at the Aud every year, that he lovingly called everything scrappy related, "Scrapfest". You may remember a story I shared last year about some thrift store containers he surprised me with, saying "I got you these to put your Scrapfest in".

In the loving memory of my Dad, I am calling this thread Scrapfest Love. It is our annual home to count down the days until Scrapfest, share with one and other all things crafty and to feel the joy of our friendships old and new.

I am looking forward to "seeing" old friends and I hope if you are new to Scrapfest that you join along here and make new friends as we countdown the days to the best scrapping event of the year! Everyone is welcome!

Let's start off our countdown at 75 days and please don't forget to always do your daily happy dance!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi April
I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I was fortunate to have met him a few times at Scrapfest over the years. It was clear you and your Dad had a special bond. He was a lovely gentleman and I am sure will be missed by many.
Hugs Dawn
TRUDY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

😢 April I am sending my condolences to you and your family and I was very sorry to hear this terrible news. Sending you big warm hugs and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your Dad may be gone but you will always hold him close in your heart. Take care my friend. And do not forget to keep those toes dancing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Dawn and Trudy. Your words are very comforting to me. I love looking at pictures of Dad and remembering the happy times we had. Dad's birthday was two days before he passed and I was able to give him his scrapbook that I had just completed. I am very thankful for that special day.

Well, tomorrow is the big day for Scrapfest registration. I hope you are successful in signing up for the crop and classes that you would like to take part in. Scrapfest really is the best scrapbooking and papercrafting event in Canada!

This brings us to our countdown! Only 66 more days to go! The hard part is waiting for the fun to begin! Dawn, I know your eyes are on your calendar at work!

Let's get our happy feet going and get warmed up for registration tomorrow night! Have fun planning and looking through the wonderful classes!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh April. I am sorry I am just reading this now. Losing a parent is so very difficult. I still have my Dad but lost my Mom a few years back and I still miss her everyday. There is an emptiness that just never goes away and can't be filled. I love going through my scrapbooks of our time together and remembering these special moments that I shared. Thinking of you my friend and sending you a big hug and some ScrapFest Love! xoxo

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April you are right. I was marking off my desk calendar Very Happy Very Happy it's kind of funny but it was my husband (Jim) that started that ball rollin' this year. Around Christmas he started talking about signing up and getting a room and making sure all my duckies were in a row. Very Happy Very Happy . I might be getting suspicious if I didn't know it was the Masters weekend and he would be squirreled away in his man cave from Wednesday to Sunday night watching golf. Shocked Shocked yet another reason I thank my lucky stars for Scrapfest. Lol Very Happy Very Happy by the way . My toes are tapping .I feeling a happy dance coming on . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy to
april

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lisa. Thank goodness for our scrapbooks filled with love. You know how scrappers have lots and lots of picture packs waiting to be scrapped? Well I have years and years of them and how precious they are to me now. They are almost like little surprises waiting to be discovered as I look back on them and plan to make this layout or that. My eyes go right to the expressions on my Dad's face. He found such joy in spending time with his family and doing everyday kinds of things. Thanks for sharing about your parents Lisa. It helps to hear from others who have experienced this kind of loss.

Happy Valentine's Day! We'd love to hear how you spent your day with your loved ones. I slipped my homemade Valentine into my hubby's knapsack today. He didn't see it so I had to phone him and say to him to "look inside your bag for a special surprise! " LOL!! I think next year I am going to send it to him at work in the mail. The envelope is covered with hearts and hugs and kisses! I think his carpenter co-workers would enjoy that sight, don't you!!

Dawn, I love that your hubby gets so excited about Scrapfest! That is so sweet!! I'm sure he enjoys seeing your Scrapfest happy glow!

Well, hold on to your red hats, for today our count is at only 62 more days until Scrapfest!! Yahoo!! So in honour of Valentine's Day today, go find a loved one and have them join in on our happy dance.

Have a wonderful Family Day weekend and enjoy your Valentines' Day.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost the weekend!! Yay!! We may as well say happy Friday!!
I hope you are able to get crafty at some point this weekend.
We'd love to hear what projects you are working on.

Our countdown continues and we are at 55 days!! Have you signed up for your favourite class and the Scrapfest Crop? It's so nice to think of Scrapfest coming in the early days of Spring. For now, stay warm and cozy and keep your feet tappin as we happy dance our way into the weekend and smile with thoughts of crafty days to come!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we are having a heck of a snowday here. Hubby and I had to shovel twice this morning just to get out the driveway. went out at 6 am and had to do it again at 7:30 Shocked Shocked crazy. He will have to blow the snow again at 4 to pick me up at work. So how long is it until April and Scrapfest? Even though it hasn't been a bad winter ( until today) we had snow but only on the weekends.( until today). I do think I am done with it. Spring can come anytime now LOL Laughing hope everyone is well and thinking sunny thoughts. we can maybe dance the snow away Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Dawn, Winter can pack it's bags until next year. I thought for sure we would have a snow day last week, but no such luck. Oh well, the good news is that there are only 45 more days until Scrapfest!! Yippee!! I am so excited that I can barely stand it!! Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a wonderful weekend full of scrappy goodness!!

It's definitely time to get groovin and practice your happy dance moves!!

Here we go!! Have a terrific week everyone!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Weekend!!! Yay! It's finally here!

I just finished watching Vicki Boutin's Friday night live. Her mixed media magic was at it's finest, as always and so inspiring. If you are interested in her classes at Scrapfest, make sure to sign up soon for a spot in her Friday class as Saturday has a waiting list. All of the classes being taught look like fun with something offered for everyone.

As of tonight we are looking at a count of only 41 days to go until we are scrappin, laughing and of course happy dancing our was through another wonderful weekend at Scrapfest!

I hope your weekend is full of fun times spent with family and friends with a dash of scrapping craftiness thrown in!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is well and healthy. Hopefully if you are house bound, you are doing something that makes you happy, and you are able to spend some time with family. Let's get crafty while we wait to hear about Scrapfest. We still need to happy dance as Scrapfest will be on our horizon at some point in the future.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to when Scrapfest will be rescheduled. Thanks to Lisa and the Scrapfest team for all they do during this busy time to help get us back on our Scrappy trail.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 17th & 18th, 2020 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: