Time for a Contest!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest In Oshawa: October 18th & 19th, 2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Time for a Contest! Reply with quote

Well kids are back to school, weather is getting crisper, and ScrapFest Oshawa is around the corner!!

So it's time for a contest! Yay!! Thanks to Cropper Dawn for giving us the idea, we'd like to know your favourite Fall Fair memories. So send us your memories by Friday, September 13 at 8pm and then we'll randomly draw a winner's name.

Let the fun begin!
GrandmaLin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite fall memory is my Wedding Anniversary, which just happens to be October 18th. But I will be spending it with all the croppers this year, can't wait!!
Sandy K

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many memories that happened in the fall, like getting married and the births of my two children, which really can't be topped! However, the fall was also when I retired to devote more time to scrapbooking, so I'd call that a special fall memory. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Diane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Fall Fair memories Reply with quote

My favourite fall fair memory is wandering through the handicraft building and seeing all the beautiful creations made by the ladies and gentlemen from the surrounding area...so much talent.
Lyndsaykr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many to choose from... I got married in the fall, I met my husband in the fall, I went to my first Scrapfest in the fall and will obviously be there again Very Happy and we also have an actual fair in my town, the largest in our area, and our family always does well. My memories of the excitement on my daughter's face every year when we go and when she gets her prize money is priceless.
Can't wait to see everyone there again!
Sandy K

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyndsaykr wrote:
There are so many to choose from... I got married in the fall, I met my husband in the fall, I went to my first Scrapfest in the fall and will obviously be there again Very Happy and we also have an actual fair in my town, the largest in our area, and our family always does well. My memories of the excitement on my daughter's face every year when we go and when she gets her prize money is priceless.
Can't wait to see everyone there again!

Lyndsaykr: Just want to ask you if you have ever had any of the Harrow Fair peaches. Just finished a basket of these fabulous peaches....so good!

Sandy K
peeps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing up we always had family day at The Brome Fair which takes place over Labour Day weekend. There were rides, animals, crafts, and games. It was the place to go to see people you hadn't seen over the summer or longer, which was the best thing about going.
Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Elmvale Fall Fair is held over Thanksgiving Week end ( it's funny I say our, because I haven't actually lived there for the past 15 yrs. but it will always be home). It's a time when everyone comes home. You see and visit with friends and relatives you haven't seen forever just walking through the grounds. The village is bursting at the seams with people and families enjoying the event. My favorite is the arts building and finding out who won the grand prize this year. It's always a duel between Mrs. Ritchie and Mrs. Allen (these ladies sure can quilt). Another fav. was helping to run The kids pony and horse show all through my high school years Shocked and they still have it now Cool Cool that's cool. as you can see I can go on and on about it. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed very good memories. Thanks for asking . see ya'll soon
Kim Tye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite fall fair memory happened when my family and I were returning home from a fall camping trip and stumbled on a fair. We were ready for a "stretch our legs break" so we parked and went to the fair. I can still see the stains on my children's faces from the huge candy apples and the flavour of them. mmmmmmm how I love candy apples!
TRUDY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes my favourite time for the fall fair was being able to go to all the tractor pulls, watch the horse jumping and getting to eat the delicious taffy apples. I also like to watch them carve all of the animals from the tree stumps using chain saws Laughing Laughing it was such an amazing site to watch and I could never understand how they could control that huge blade.
Diane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peeps wrote:
Growing up we always had family day at The Brome Fair which takes place over Labour Day weekend. There were rides, animals, crafts, and games. It was the place to go to see people you hadn't seen over the summer or longer, which was the best thing about going.

Brome Fair was our 'go to' fair too. Miss the Townships.
melanniejane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite fall fair memories are from the Markham Fair. I took my son out of school every year on the Friday to ride the rides (no crowds). Then the rest of the weekend we would go to the demolition derby, visit the farm animals and walk through the craft buildings. We always got caramel apples and mini donuts! We haven't done it in a few years.....he grew up! But now we have two more little ones and I'll get to create more memories with them there Smile
stevenbland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Fair memory Reply with quote

My favourite fair memory takes me back to when my family lived in a small town outside of Peterborough called Norwood. The fall fair at Thanksgiving was a major event; but I was not so much attracted to the rides as I was to fair taffy! This stuff was definitely not good for you but who cared- you could only get it once a year. So we stocked up and ate that stuff until our bellies hurt. This stuff was so sticky it could almost pull out every filling you had in your mouth. The one thing about fair taffy however was that it would only last a few days before it turned back into a very hard strip of dark sugar- a hammer could not break into it. A few years ago I went back to the Norwood Fair and bought a fist full of taffy. Not the way I remembered it. It was so sweet I could only eat one bite. I gave the rest to a kid I saw waiting in line to buy his own. I hope his mother does not send me the dentist bill!
lynnw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: time for a contest Reply with quote

My favorite fall fair memory comes from the Ancaster Fall Fair. Growing up in Ancaster the fall fair was always a big event for young and old. One element of the Ancaster Fall Fair is that of the homecrafts and school exhibits. I remember as a youth having my penship from school entered into the competitions as well as some homegrown pumpkins etc. But my biggest achievement at the Ancaster Fall Fair was taking first prize in the Crewel Embrodiery division which a very large sailing ship that I had made for my husband. I was absolutely thrilled at that time to win 1st place honours for my craft!! :)
have3bugs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: WINNER!!!! Reply with quote

Winner of scrapfest Oshawa contest!!!

Dawn, commented off our ScrapFest Forum, she shared a great fall memory about the Elmvale Fall Fair! Congrats Dawn, your prize will be available at the front desk at ScrapFest Oshawa! See you there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest In Oshawa: October 18th & 19th, 2013 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: