Make-n-takes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
My Paper Passions

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Make-n-takes Reply with quote

Just curious as I have been sooooo busy preparing for my make-n-takes these last few weeks. I hope you all like what Ive come up with. Just a wee hint....They will NOT be quickies Very Happy Wink

What kind of make-n-takes do you like best?
Which ones would you stand in line forever to do?
What would you like to see in a make-n-take this year?

Mellissa
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mellissa

It's sooo hard to stand in line a long time, when the whole market place is just calling our names. Is it possible to have a sign up list? And if the person on the list isn't at the table by the time they signed up for, I'm sure there would be someone to gladly step in. Some of the booths in Oshawa did this. And yes I was late for one make'N'take Embarassed Embarassed ( my bad and my fault ) but that only happened once. I guess I am a fast learner when it's something important like scrapping Wink Wink

as for what kind? I just love learning new things and am never disappointed.

Love your make'n'take in Oshawa, use it all the time now.

Last edited by Dawn on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Paper Passions

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input Dawn Very Happy

I now all too well that it can be frustrating standing in a long line when there is soooo much to see and buy, lol.

I think it is a great idea for a sign up sheet. I may just do that.

Yes that make n take in Oshawa was a huge hit. I show it all the time and people just love it. I will be doing something this time that is simular to that but a bit more involved Wink It will be worth it, hehehe.

Mellissa
mn36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the sign up sheets because people fill the sheet and then don't show up. and make it harder for someone that did not know about the sign up. and waited for an half an hour then don't get to do the make n take.That's what happened to me in Oshawa. I was not pleased.
If you are going to have a sign up sheet...MAKE A BIG sign to advertise it or announce it often. to the people around waiting.

I think you lose a lot of interested people by a sign up sheet....that's just my opinion.
natkenicra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sign up sheet. If you don't show up at the appropriate time then someone else should be able to step in. I really liked the make'n takes in Paris, they were all 6x6 pages and fit into the album that we got in our goodie bag! I like ones that you can use in your own album, a 12x12, or 8x8. Cards are great. Something quick and easy, so I don't feel like I am missing out on the rest of Scrapfest! Very Happy Very Happy
My Paper Passions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a hard call whether to have a sign up sheet or not.
What about if we were to have a sign up for 3 hours fri night and 3 hours on Sat? The rest of the time can be line up. What do you all think?

I want to make everyone happy but we know that could be impossible, lol.

My make n take for Fri is about 15 mins long and sat will be about 7-10 mins long. Both are very cute and something a wee bit different. Since I only have a small booth, I may be able to only fit in 2 people at a time but hoping there will be room for 3 people so we can do as many as possible.

Mellissa
Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellissa, I'm sure which ever way you choose to go. Thoses 2 or 3 chairs will always be full Laughing Laughing Laughing as you say "you can't please everyone" . You'll just have to do what works for you. We the scrappers do appreciate all the wonderful make'n'takes you exhibitors create for us and most of us realize this is something the vendors choose to do, but do not have to. That's what makes it special. Thank you Very Happy Very Happy
Love it all, and will line up or sign up, it's all good Laughing Laughing See you soon
Dawn
mn36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whichever way you do is good....just have a BIG sign so everyone knows ...can't wait...will stop in to see your booth
-10 to 15 min make n takes are great.

some booths last year had 45 min make n takes...much too long.

Last edited by mn36 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
wustaz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a big fan of sign ups
leapayear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings about sign-ups. The people that have to work a full day on Friday will be disappointed if they arrive to marketplace and all the make'n take spots are filled up. But then it's really nice to be able to organize and plan your days around cropping and classes.

I like your idea about 3 hour on Fri and again on Sat.

You can't please everyone though -- do what works best for you!
wustaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make and takes are a big part of Scrapfest. if I like the make and take then I will wait for it.
wustaz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved all the make and takes I did. I think one of my favourite ones was from the Learning Factory. it was awesome!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: