Last week of March Contest!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jejoue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Last week of March break... Reply with quote

Okay ladies - you're all missing a big improvement that could be made. I have attended Scrapfest since it was in Paris, and yep, I love how well it has always been organized. I DID love the treat we got when we got into the Marketplace a little early. I love all the games, the decorating, and how the Scrapfest team makes it such a wonderful time for all.
But I must say, I get a little stiff and cramped from cutting and cropping for two days straight. My suggestion for improving Scrapfest - a team of hunky masseurs to help ease our stress and keep us scrapping, not to mention a little heat on that ice surface could be nice!!! Whaddaya say, Lisa??? Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Tee hee hee - I think excitement is making me waaaaaay too silly!
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this idea (and all of the others as well) but this one made me giggle out loud!!

But seriously, having someone come pamper the croppers isn't a bad idea. A little hand massage from the long hours of scrapping and a foot massage from the many hours of shopping!!

Lots of great ideas... keep them coming!!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
Helen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Just a thought Reply with quote

Hi Lisa and everyone else. I have been attending ScrapFest for the last 4 years getting the chance to attend VIP and coming back on Saturday to do some classes. I haven't attended the Crop portion yet but certainly want to hopefully next year. I love everything about ScrapFest and the only idea I could think of was maybe a "bag check" for shoppers. If you are not cropping then sometimes you do get weighted down with parcels especially on Friday when you try to take advantage of all the make and takes offered. Instead of having to run to the car and miss something it might be nice to have somewhere to drop off packages until the end of the evening. You could charge maybe $1.00 per bag and let it benefit Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Scouts or something and recruit helpers from that organization. Just a thought. Looking forward to another great year.
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a bag/coat check again this year just outside of the Marketplace. All proceeds will be supporting Breast Cancer Research through Run For The Cure.

So now you can shop, shop, shop! Very Happy
TRace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really think of anything that need improving...except is so darn cold in the crop arena...I know nothing can probably be done about this....I just know to wear layers, wear my mocassins, and bring a blankie Smile
Oh I did like the it when the croppers were allowed into shop one hour before the general public Smile
TRace
from the heart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: last week of March contest Reply with quote

Wow, I thought a lot about what could be changed and I really couldn't think of anything. It is so well run and such a lot of fun. Really looking forward to it. Bringing my best friend Donna with me this year so it should be a blast!!! Very Happy
adavies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm home from Disney World and am so happy to see that I didn't miss the deadline for a contest! I love these .... how to improve on Scrapfest ... that's hard! My only thought was about food! Why is that?
I go to a Quilt Retreat once or twice a year with my mom and we have a "Treat Table". Everyone brings a treat to contribute to the table. There is always way too much! Some bring healthy snacks and some bring not so healthy snacks and some bring CHOCOLATE!! Might work!!
decorables

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: what changes for Scrapfest? Reply with quote

I think you have done an excellent job with Scrapfest so far. The workshops are wonderful, everything is beautifully organized. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scrapwithme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Marketplace Reply with quote

Of course we want into market place early!!! Should be one of the perks for us serious croppers!!! Can't wait.
penguin261

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all the other pleased patrons. You are doing a terrific job! Each year it seems like the arena floor is more crowded, than the year before, with eager to learn crafters.
I do not have any suggestions for you. It is me that needs to come up with a solution to this. I would like to be able to get into that line for the large group make-and-takes. I get so involved in the different booths that I forget to look at my watch. More often than not, I show up just as they are handing out the tickets to the lucky few that somehow managed to be there on time. Hmmm maybe I should bring an alarm clock with me this year :)
cottagerca

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is great at scrapfest.... opening the market place a bit earlier would be nice if the venders can handle it.
ava
Keitha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will only be my 2nd ScrapFest, 1st time taking a class (can't wait!). I'd like to see more opportunities to do a make 'n take at the show; if we'd hung around waiting for the line-up to start (because moments after was too late), we'd not have had enough time to shop the vendors. I know this is a 2-day event, but with one day being Friday and coming from out of town, it's not possible to attend both days.
mwillard8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited for Scrapfest 2012 in Kitchener! Actually booked my holidays around this event. Lisa is a great organizer and despite her hectic schedule during this event, I've always spoken to her and received a huge smile and welcome!!!! The best part of a Scrapfest event is that everyone there speaks the same "language". It is always so exciting to talk to others about new techniques and new products.
Lyndsaykr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a thing to change. This will only be my second Scrapfest but I loved the first one in Oshawa and I'm sure this one will be just as great!
thedoctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really had to think! the only improvement i could think of was to have more variety in the area of snacking/refreshments.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: