Last week of March Contest!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Last week of March Contest!! Reply with quote

OK, only one more week left in March and then April is here! That means ScrapFest in Kitchener!! YEAH.

I can't believe that I will be celebrating 5 years with all of you in Kitchener on April 13th and 14th. Many of you have provided me so many great ideas, inspiration to keep on doing these events, and helped me grow my business by spreading the word to your crafty friends.

What do you want to see happen at ScrapFest at future show! Share your comments with us. We are always looking at ways to improve.

One week today, Tues. April 3rd at 9pm I will draw a couple of names for a prize to be picked up at the registration desk in Kitchener. Good luck!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
natkenicra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved how the Croppers were allowed into the market place one hour before everyone else.
I can't think of anything else right now!!! I am just excited that it is coming up so fast. My family will be in Ohio this weekend then it's Easter and then.......SCRAPFEST Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
msmojo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Contest Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Croppers getting a sneak peak at the marketplace. I also love doing the make-and-takes, especially those that are original and offer a new technique etc., going beyond just another card or tag. I also like the idea of the exchange table, I've traded for some pretty kewl stuff in the past.

I've attended just about every Scrapfest for the last several years and have become familiar with the organizers and some vendors and made acquitances with other ladies seated at the same table in the crop. It would be great to facilitate more friendships via the event. I think would be great to incorporate a some social game at the crop that promotes mingling. For example a bingo type game where you have to find people who meet the criteria in each square. For example, someone who has been to Scrapfest more than 3 times, someone who has travelled more than 100 km to get to the event, etc.

Overall I think the event needs little improvement, I have a blast every time I go and looking forward to many more! ! ! See you soon! ! ! Very Happy
TRUDY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy well I think that you ladies are doing a fantastic job and can't really think of much more that you could possible do to make it better. I do remember though the first year that we went you had sort of a little grand opening for scrapfest and it was quite exciting with the town cryer being there. Smile I do like the idea of being able to go shopping an hr earlier and enjoy all the make n takes. Well it won't be long now so see you all soon. Keep up the good work!! as it is always nice to see everyone having such a great time. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Veronica

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to change...things are working perfectly and we all enjoy EVERYTHING!!!!!

I would maybe open the marketplace a bit earlier on Friday...oh wait that would mean more time to spend $$$$!!!
Holly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that my daughter can take a class this year, too, and really hope that there will be enough interest for a kids / teen class to continue in future Scrapfests. Smile I am so excited to be able to share this fun with her!
april

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with the others that I love Scrapfest as it is.

I like msmojo's idea of a bingo game at the crop. One of my favourite things at the crop is mingling and chatting with others, so a game like this would be wonderful.

So excited!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been chewing on this question for a bit and nope. Can't think of a thing I don't love about Scrapfest . That being said, a couple years ago everyone in the crop was given a name tag to decorate and wear (that was fun and an ice breaker at times, not that scrapper need an excuse to break any ice Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ) And the after marketplace hours , crop only make'n'takes are fab. ( who doesn't love make'n'takes? Laughing Laughing
The only otttttthhhhhhhhhher thing would be Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to add maybe 2 more days to the event Laughing Laughing Laughing yah yah I know Job, home, family, we all have to get back to reality sometime.

Happy Scrappin'
melizzab24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 DAYS!!!!! Not that I am counting down or anything Smile

I LOVE everything about Scrapfest, but my friends and I are thinking that it would be nice to have access to a microwave to heat up our coffee's or anything else that may need heating.

I also like the idea of a BINGO or something to get people to mingle with each other.

Can't wait for Scrapfest to get here. See you all soon.
Heather_Momof3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE Scrapfest & am so excited! Can't think of much to make it better really except maybe finding some way of making lining up (because so many don't) and waiting at Make & Takes more organized...
mn36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the VIP Friday was longer from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. at least.

We pay a extra fee for 2 days and usually I can only attend on Friday.

This will be my 4th year and I love Scrapfest!
peekhausjenn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy ScrapFest, this will be my second year and this year I will be doing the crop with several friends. My only thing would be the class times, I am doing a class from 6-9 on the Friday night, cuts into the VIP night, but it is my choice and should be worth my time Very Happy. I can't wait Laughing
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I've taken some time to really think about how you can improve Scrapfest (4th time in Kitchener, 1 in Oshawa) and well really there is NOTTHING!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Scrapfest team puts so much effort, time, coordination etc. into this event to make it fun and enjoyable for all attending. Let's also not forget the vendors in the marketplace that take the time to come, set up and tear down within two days. I'm always amazed at how quickly when the marketplace closes on the Sat. how swiftly they pack up and are gone.

I love the crop themes so keep them coming! I did like the idea of a game to get the croppers up and introducing themselevs to the others in the arena. Other than that....there is NOTHING to change.

Can't wait to see everyone April 13th and 14th Razz
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a whole lot to make Scrapfest better then it is but I to liked being able to go to the Marketplace 1 hr. before everyone else. Maybe we can consider the money we pay for the crop can be like our special backstage pass to the marketplace. I also did like when we went to Paris and they had 6x6 albumns in the croppers bags. Each make and take was geared to a 6x6 page that filled that albumn. It was awesome!! We learned many different techniques according to what the booth sold in order to complete our pages. Smile
squeeky348

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been coming to Scrapfest since Paris also and I can hardly wait to come and do the Make and Takes.....there is really nothing I would change about Scrapfest, I love it just the way it is!!!!! Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: