Its MARCH and time for a contest!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Song Lyrics Reply with quote

Music has always been very important in my family's life. Instead of sports my kids were in drum and guitar lessons. I have been working on a scrapbook for myself entitled "All About Me". It is in black and white and several layouts are and will be musically themed. My 30th anniversary is coming up this year so I am working on one dedicated to my husband with the Beatles song "In My Life". A couple of my favorite lines are - Though I know I'll never lose affection For people and things that went before. I know I'll often stop and think about them. In my life I love you more.
Sandy K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Song titles Reply with quote

When I created a wedding album as a gift I used Anne Murray's "Can I have this Dance...." which was a perfect title for pics of the bride and groom dance.

I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments about the songs they used and why. They were interesting and inspiring.

Sandy Smile
melizzab24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love watching my son sleep, so I took some pictures of him sleeping and did a page using the lullaby "Hush Little Baby." Now I will be able to see his sweet little sleeping face for years to come.
Jasmine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: All You Need Is Love - The Beatles Reply with quote

Oh, I use song titles {and lyrics} quite often! Recently, I have used All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
[url] http://alittledabofglue.blogspot.com/2011/10/altered-window-sashpage-three.html

[/url]
squeeky348

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: song title Reply with quote

I used the song "I Hope You Dance" for an ocean picture with my son standing in the water looking towards the horizon
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been so interesting reading all the different song titles that people have used. You're inspiring me to think about song titles for future layouts!

Can't believe there's only 37 more days until ScrapFest!! Looking forward to all the fun we'll be having at the Crop!
TRUDY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Page using a title of a song Reply with quote

Very Happy The page layout that I did using a song for the title was when we went to Costa Rica, we visited the Arenal Volcanoe and swam in all of the hot springs that came down from the volcanoe. With all of the lovely gardens that surrounded the hot springs I thought it was like being in the garden of Eden therefore titled my page IN-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. Vida meaning pure life. This was used last year for the contest at Kitchener Scrap Fest. Wish you could have been at arenal volcanoe as it was fabulous and fantastic to see
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by TRUDY on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song title I used was `Smile` - an Uncle Kracker song. Love the song and loved the photo on the layout I did of my daughter and granddaughter each with a most heartwarming `smile`.
TracyM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Christmas songs as titles..."I saw mommy kissing santa claus" and "Here Comes Santa Claus". In fact, that one, I put the whole song in it because my ds kept singing it over and over again.
wendyt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music and Lyrics are wonderful to use for layouts. My favourite is "Daddy's Little Girl". It's the only page I've scrapped from my wedding 25 years ago and it me and my dad dancing to "Daddy's Little Girl" at the reception. Everytime I look at it my heart swells. My dad's gone now and music was a big part of his life. He played the piano beautifully all by ear and he sang the whole song as we danced and I was oblivious to everything in the reception hall. Luv ya Dad!
Carrie Joy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love using songs for titles ..My FAV was a "Born To Be Wild" layout ..My son age 5 got a Harley Bike and he was riding it in the pics, with a Harley coat & Bandana..So cute, his Papa rides a Harley and this was a gift from him. His face was so cute looking all cool with his new ride.
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for all of the inspiration! I have our winners.... I picked 3 random posts. Congratulations to the following ladies:

alicelumpy
nancy parker
Helen

Please pm me or email me and let me know if you are coming to ScrapFest in Kitchener and I will have a prize waiting for you!!

Thank you again everyone for playing. Another contest is just around the corner!!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
april

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the winners!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Have fun with your prize. Very Happy
TRUDY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Congratulations ladies, enjoy your prizes! See you all at Scrapfest
Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrat everyone I just know your prizes will be amazing Enjoy Thanks again Scrapfest for the opportunity to win. It all adds to the excitment see you soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: