Its MARCH and time for a contest!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Its MARCH and time for a contest!! Reply with quote

I can't believe that it is March today. Seriously, where did the month of February go? That means ScrapFest in Kitchener is next month!! Lets celebrate with a contest!

On the weekend I did some scrapbooking and I always struggle with titles. Have you used lyrics from favourite songs? If so, what where they (and from what songs). Please post your comment here and I will draw a name on Friday, March 9th at 8pm! Well, maybe a few names Very Happy

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
adavies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! A Contest ... just waiting for my son's bus and see this new post ... I did a layout called "I Believe" (from Cdn Olympic Nikki Y?) ... it was a Christmas layout ... I made my son a winter Olympics quilt.
Smile
april

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fun contest! One of my favourite layouts was one I did from when my son was four. (He's now 25.) He loved to sing the song Don't worry,be happy. And he would sing it over and over and over. We loved to watch him because he loved to sing it. I'm enjoying doing layouts of my kids from when they were younger, as it brings back such happy memories.
The photo scanner and printer at the department store works really well to print those old black and whites and early photos that you can't quite bring yourself to cut into.
Very Happy Very Happy
natkenicra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" and"Octopus's' Garden" for two of my layouts. My daughter was a yellow polka dot bikini and a fish for her skating carnival one year! I wrote out the lyrics on one half of of the two page layout. It looked great! Thanks for another great contest!!
Dawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my I love songs, And use them a lot but 1 of my favs was the layout I made of my two sleeping sons, at the time they were 2 & 4, Our cocker spaniel (Corky) would stand guard and not take his eyes off his boys until they woke up from nap time. the song was " When I fall in love, it will be forever " by Nat King Cole (and it was forever ). Corky's gone now, but the pages are still here, his boys are 18 & 20 and amaze me at how often they get out the albums. Thank heavens for scrapbooking .
Charisma3103

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohhh March the 9 is my wedding anniversary... I made a layout of my son Alexander called Rockstar featuring the lyrics to the song Rockstar by Nickelback. It was a published layout
KristinaW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: musoc lyrics in scrapbook page layout Reply with quote

I used music lyrics from Disney songs for my album about our trip to Disney World! Songs included is "when you wish upon a star" for the Magic Kingdom page and "Hakunna Matata" for the Animal Kingdom page!
Mrs.Ichy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the lyrics from the chorus of the song "Perfect" by Pink on a layout about my "tween" daughter.
Wally

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Song Titiel I used... Reply with quote

I used the song title "If I could" By Celine Dione
just after I had my son this is exactly how I felt and it was the perfect song title for my layout
I love song titles for layouts
thanks
Laurie
ajtk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking through my last scrapbook and I didn't find any song lyrics as titles. I never thought of it, but now I will definitely try it! Thanks for the inspiration.
Susanm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used "Baby Beluga" for a layout of my great-nephew in his swim suite and float toy.
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a page with the song by Billy Dean "Let Them Be Little" It's a blown up picture of my three kinds all looking up at me and the lyrics over this picture. It's a reminder to me to cherish every minute I have with my family because before you know it they aren't little any more. Wink
cottagerca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is in a band and they write their own music. So, I used a title from one of their written songs......
"Always the Same"
ava
Sunjem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: songs Reply with quote

I used "Rock Star" by Nickleback on a layout for my teenage son. It was one of those everymoms dream come true blackmail pictures. I'm sure it will come in quite handy in the future!
scrapbookcrazy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Its MARCH and time for a contest!! Reply with quote

I used a song by Cyndi Lauper, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" it fit perfectly with my daughter Jasmine (age 5), she's a fire cracker!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2012 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: