Croppers' Contest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Oshawa October 15th and 16th, 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Croppers' Contest Reply with quote

I'm so looking forward to being at the ScrapFest Crop in Oshawa as your Hostess. The Crop is sold out which is very exciting! I think we should get the fun started now and have a contest.

For all those who registered for the Crop, tell us your favourite place to go to enjoy the fall season and why you like it so much.

You have until Tuesday, September 28 at 8 p.m. to post a response. So remember to check back here after that time to see if you're the winner. The lucky person will be able to pick up their prize at the registration desk in Oshawa. I can't wait to see where people like to go during this time of the year--I just might have to take a road trip after Oshawa Smile

Lorna
Annie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to be in my own backyard in the fall. It is a little haven, an oasis in life that is much too hectic and frantic. We have apple trees there that we planted when our youngest was born, and they are full of fruit at that time. We host a big family Thanksgiving with extended family. It is a wonderful reunion with those who live away from home now. We take time that day to be out in the yard and play a game with a ball with the little ones, or just to run around. We gather leaves in big piles and have a great time together diving in. It really is a piece of heaven just steps away from my back door. It is great to be there at any time, but fall is especially awesome!!!

Do you love online challenges? If so, come play at my challenge blog:

http://another-freaking-scrappy-challenge.blogspot.ca/

Here's where I post my own stuff:

http://raggedyannie1.wordpress.com/
lisap17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite place to be in the fall is my home town - Sault Ste. Marie. The leaves are absolutely GLORIOUS, the air is crisp (it is northern ontario after all), and there is no place I would rather be...(well except MAYBE a crop somewhere?) Smile
carriemr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite place to go in the fall is Knox's Pumpkin farm with my family. It is just down the road from our home and it is a great place to take the kids. They have a barn where you can visit some animals, face painting, a corn maze and lots of other great activities. My favorite part of the day is taking all of the beautiful fall pictures!!! Fall pages are some of my favorites to scrapbook with all of the beautiful vibrant colours. This activity is a family tradition and one I am sure we will keep for years to come!!!
Jennifer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Favourite Place in the Fall: Reply with quote

I love to walk over the expansion bridge at Ranney Falls in Campbellford. High above the water, the view of the Trent, the amazing colours of the trees and water rushing over the falls is breathtaking. For sure - a photo op! Begging to be scrapped...hmmm-now what paper and embellishments is going to work for this?!!
Sunjem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite place to go in the Fall is an apple orchard. With the smells, the colours ,the crisp air, the sounds of children running and laughing as they find the BIGGEST apple ever you just can't help but feel refreshed and happy.
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These sound like some wonderful spots! Thanks ladies for sharing them with us. We want to hear from all of you croppers so don't be shy... post away.

My favourite place to be is at a pumpkin patch. I love the photos that I can capture with the bright orange pumpkins everywhere. I love pumpkins... picking them, carving them, eating them (pumpkin pie is my favourite pie and I love pumpkin soup too)!

Okay Lorna, don't add my name to the draw. I just wanted to take part in the fun. See you all soon at ScrapFest in Oshawa!
frenchvanillas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite spot for fall is the Gatineau Hills where I grew up. What more could a kid ask for then going for a hike every single evening, jumping in plenty of leaves on a daily basis (Didn't like raking them though :))., and the crisp fall weather; apples trees right in the backyard that were baked/transformed into wonderous creations.

Even though I do not live there anymore I still make a habit of going back once a year (preferably during fall) to show my 3 yr old the many different colors & splendors of where mommy grew up.
LynneW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fave place is my backyard. We have gorgeous maple trees and turn in the fall. It is peaceful and on a crisp morning, I can sit and drink a cup of coffee/tea and take in the beautiful setting.
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to "carriemr"--the winner of our Croppers' Contest!! Please email or pm your full name to Lisa so we can have your prize waiting for you at the registration desk in Oshawa.

Thanks to all those who participated in the contest. I really enjoyed reading about all your favourite places. I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Gatineau Hills since I'm originally from Ottawa but I also love taking my girls to the pumpkin patch and the apple farms. My favourite place to enjoy the fall season is in Port Elgin at Pumpkinfest as a whole bunch of family get together for the weekend. It's amazing to see the gigantic pumpkins and there's always tons of laughs around the dinner table!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Oshawa October 15th and 16th, 2010 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: