Cathie Allan is looking forward to meeting you!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 16th and 17th, 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Cathie Allan is looking forward to meeting you! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that I am so excited to be back at Scrapfest. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and I can't wait to share some of my very favorite techniques with you. The "Oh, My Layers" project is a beautiful project but more importantly you will come away from this class "looking at white card stock" with completely different eyes. Your "creative eye" will no longer see "white" but will see all the opportunities "white" card stock provides when matched up with ink and rubber stamps.

The "Faux Leather Technique" will have you creating all manner of projects .... from "mini albums" to full blown scrapbook pages to cards to tags. This is definitely one of the "coolest" techniques my "rubber stamp angels" have brought to me ("rubber stamp angels" are those voices that wake you up in the middle of the night with a "great" idea. LOL) You will not believe the depth and texture this technique brings to a project until you actually "touch" and "feel" it. You will not tire of this technique either because although we are completing this technique in traditional "faux brown leather", you can actually use this technique to create any color of "faux leather" your creative mind would like to see it in.

So on that note ..... I am really looking forward to sharing my ideas with you and meeting each and every one of you.

By the way ..... this is the very first time I have ever participated in an "on-line forum" and therefore I am really looking forward to what happens when I post this. There has to be a first time for everything right?

With smiles, ink and always stamps,
Cathie.
Jillian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens is that a few days later when I finally get a chance to get back here, I get to be first to say "HI!!" lol

My sister and some friends are signed up for your faux leather class, and I can't wait to see the finished project! Unfortunately I have another commitment at that time on Saturday. Sad

I'll see you there on Friday probably though! Smile will You be at the Canadian Scrapper booth this year?
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jillian,
I WILL be at the Canadian Scrapbookers booth Friday night. I will have my projects either there or at the entrance to the event.
The faux leather technique is amazing and it is so versatile. I just finished an amazing "faux leather and a little bit of lace" card that is wonderful and a direct jump off from what I am teaching in the class you are taking. I cannot wait to share with all of you.
Looking so forward to coming,
Cathie.
karent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few fun days ahead of us!! Looking forward to learning some new coolio techniques in the faux leather class ...just a weeek and a few days left of anticipation... I need to check out the to bring list and make sure I get my bag packed accordingly Wink

Looking forward to the class and meeting up with friends Exclamation
Sparkles!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Excited to learn from you first hand! Reply with quote

Hi Cathie

I am so excited to have the opportunity to learn from you! I couldn't get into your class last year, so stood and watched you work for hours as you turned white cardstock into fabulous tags - no - little pieces of art! They were so beautiful.

I was fortunate to get into the layers class this year - faux leather will be on my list for next year (or whatever you offer!)

My hope is that some day you will do the blog thing....so you will continue to share that love of stamping with those of us who aspire to be as creative as you!

Take care
Sherry
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen & Sherry,

Yes, I will soon be there and I am really pumped. One day I hope to "do the blog thing" as well but I have not found a "time store" to buy the appropriate amount of time I would need to add this to my schedule. I keep hoping though as it is in the works but it needs me to find the "free time" to make it a reality and with all my commitments it just isn't there right now BUT you can find me in every issue of Canadian Scrapbooker for whom I right two articles and in Scrap & Stamp Arts from "Scott Publications".
See you so very soon,
Cathie
Vanessa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathie - so glad that you are teaching this year at Scrapfest - I have been so excited about the Oh My layers class - I am taking it with some friends.

I have seen some of the videos on You-tube also and love the Position-it - will there be any for sale at Scrapfest? That is on top of the wish list!

Can't wait to meet you!
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vanessa,
YES, my "Cathie Allan, Position-it" will definitely be there. It will be at the "Frog's, Whiskers, Ink" booth. I am excited about spending time with all of you .... just wish I had more time to spend with everyone because I know it will fly by.
Thank you so much for "all the positives", they are like a hug and I appreciate them.
With smiles and always ink,
Cathie.
Vicki Boutin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see you Miss Cathie!!!
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well HI" Miss Vicki ..... I cannot wait to see you either!! Oh, this is going to be so wonderful, I can tell. SCRAPFEST ROCKS for so many wonderful reasons. Creativity shared and friends all around, it just does not get any better.
wgilbertson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to meeting you too! Can't wait for your Faux Leather class........ Very Happy
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wendy,
I am so pumped to meet you all. This forum is a great way to "pre-greet" you all. Just make sure you tell me that we chatted here so I can put a face to the name.
Today I will stuff my suitcases with "all manner" of stamp stuff. Prepare to become "inky"!!
HeatherG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't wait! Something tells me I am in for lots of fun in your class.
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Heather,
Have my "stamping angels" been telling on me???
With smiles and stamps and ink,
Cathie.
Sparkles!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Scrap & Stamp Arts Reply with quote

Hi Cathie

I look forward to your articles in the Canadian Scrapbooker, but Scrap & Stamp Arts is new to me. I checked their site, but did not see any Ontario retailers. Will they be on sale at Scrapfest? (I really want the April 2010 one that has your faux technique in it - so I realize I may have to order online)

Take care
Sherry
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 16th and 17th, 2010 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: