GO CANADA GO!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 16th and 17th, 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: GO CANADA GO!!! Reply with quote

WOW... what an Olympics for Canada. I have been addicted to the Olympics and so proud of our athletes!! I think the two highlights for me was watching Alex win the first gold medal and then watching Canada beat the US in overtime at hockey today.

As much as I love watching the Olympics, I have to say that I am glad they are over so that I can focus on ScrapFest some more and get to bed a little earlier.

Time for another contest!! Just tell me what your Olympic highlight is and I will put your name into a draw for some scrapbooking goodies!! I will draw a name on Thursday evening at 8pm. Good luck!!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
Sandiemcr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I gotta say there are 3 highlights for me that stand out more than all others...
1. WE TOOK HOCKEY GOLD BABY!!!
2. When Joannie Rochette took to the ice that first night. Wow. I lost my Mom at her age, so I know what it must have taken. Just wow.
3. How our country embraced her national pride. People spontaneously breaking out into our National Anthem. That is what I cherish.

I was really addicted to these games!
Charisma3103

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took the Gold in Hockey wahooooooooo
cricutcar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have 3 Olympic highlights:

1. Alex Bilodeau winning Canada's FIRST GOLD medal with his disabled brother as his inspiration;

2. Joannie Rochette winning BRONZE in the face of adversity. What a tribute to her mother!; and

3. Men's hockey winning GOLD...thanks to "Sid the kid".

CONGRATULATIONS, CANADA!!!
divaloca

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me it was HANDS DOWN watching Joanie in both performances - that took incredible courage.

I may also be slightly ADDICTED to the "I Believe" song...I'll be listening to that one for a LONGGGG time to come!

Great contest Lisa - love it!

http://blog.cestlaviestudioanddesign.com/diva_loca/
SSSDee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate to "copy" everyone else but great minds think alike!!!

1st great moment was Alex winning us our first gold and his wonderful brother at his side like always!

2nd great moment was hearing/watching Joannie still go on even with what had unfortunately happened to her mother! And even better, winning bronze!!

3rd great moment was watching that INTENSE game yesterday afternoon!! My poor couch got a beating when US scored the tie goal with under a minute to go!!! And the profanities that were said at my house - whoa - thank goodness the windows were closed for the winter HAHA Laughing
carpediem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hockey game was awesome and a perfect ending to the 2010
Winter Olympics!!
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Olympics memorable moments Reply with quote

Oh the stress! My most memorable would have to be the entire experience of ALL the athletes. I loved all the expressions of the athletes when they won a metal and the pride that was behind it. I can't even imagine what they felt to represent our country and fulfill a lifetime dream. I was on the edge of my chair yelling GO CANADA GO!! I loved the interviews with the metalists and hearing what their inspirations were to get them to where they are today!! It's amazing how someone whom you've never met suddenly becomes a part of your life and never to be forgotten.

Great contest idea Lisa!!
Jillian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I can't be very original here either.
It's so hard to pick just ONE...but I think Alexander winning our Country's first gold at home was HUGE.

I was sad for our speed-skater Jeremy Wotherspoon (I think I spelled his last name wrong. Oops!) He's absolutely INCREDIBLE, and the best in his sport. He's put his body through HEll and back again for it, and he's won more medals than anyone else in Speed skating, and to see him not his goal, of an olympic gold, was really sad.

Also the tragedy at the beginning of the games will stay with me forever. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the Georgian who lost his life in preparing for his luge run. Crying or Very sad
PamD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad to say I don't have much Olympic spirit. Just not my thing. I don't get how Canadian pride can be linked to supporting athletes...

Sorry to be a downer, just my opinion.
Helen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Olympics Memorable Moments Reply with quote

My highlite was the way the games United Our Country and showcased to the world what a great place we live in. Everyone around me talked about the games. Alex winning the first gold medal on Canadian soil opened up the floodgates. We owned the podium with 14 gold medals. We have so much to be proud of.
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an exciting 17 days! I was so moved by Joannie Rochette's performance and was very happy that she was chosen to carry our flag in the closing ceremonies. Every time I heard our anthem it brought tears to my eyes as I was so proud of our athletes and all their hard work that they have put in to represent Canada with such pride and grace!
natkenicra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you pick one highlight? It was a great on the edge of your seat two weeks!! But sadly yes I did cheer a little more for the Mens curling and the Mens hockey!!! Thanks for another contest Lisa Very Happy
martinimaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with the majority....winning gold in both mens and womens hockey was amazing. And winning the most gold medals was pretty awesome too. Joannie Rochette is an inspiration
Bunnybear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the highlight had to be hockey gold for the women and the men Very Happy Showed the world that it is our game.
Another highlight would be breaking the record for total number of gold medals won -- that rocks!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 16th and 17th, 2010 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: