Mother/Daughter Question.Nothing to do with scrapfest!Sorry!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Mother/Daughter Question.Nothing to do with scrapfest!Sorry! Reply with quote

Hi girls, this topic has nothing to do with scrapfest but I thought maybe with so many MOM scrappers, you could give a mother's opinion. My baby girl is turning "ONE" the week after scrafest and I have a questions for all the mothers with girls.
I've thought about getting my daughter's ears pierced for her first birthday but I'm not totally decided. Please let me know what you've done and wether you were happy with your decision or if you wished you had done it differently.

Did you get your daughters ears pierced while she was very young and won't remember or did you go with your daughter when she asked and made it a special day of getting her ears pierced and a mother daughter lunch together or did your daughter get them pierced all on her own and you found our later.

Of course no matter what I decide, it will be a scrapbooked in her book.
natkenicra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you know I couldn't go and watch!! Mark's Mom took Natalee to get her ears done, she was seven. She did really good and didn't cry. But I know if I had gone, if there was even a hint of tears, I would have started crying!! She loves them and switches earrings everyday!! Nicole wants to wait till she is ten, and Kara hasn't said anything about them!! I tell Ken that we should get him a pirate earring!! I think you should get them done, because she would look so adorable with them!!!!
Bunnybear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had Sara's ears pierced when she was 9 months. My only regret was that we didn't do it sooner, as they say the younger they are the less it upsets them. I don't know if that is true or not.
Jillian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dd will be 2 in May, and I'm not going to do them until she's old enough to want them. They're adorable on little ones, but I don't need another opportunity for any kind of infection with 3 kids, and 2 of them in school bringing home colds and stuff. LOL
karent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With both my DD's I waited till they asked, my eldest asked at 6 and my second asked at 5, they were both troopers, no tears, just so proud to show off their new jewels to anyone who'd look LOL.

They are super sweet on little ones, but I just decided to wait till they asked, so I didn't have to live with the guilt of inflicting unnecessary pain Wink I don't think there is a right and wrong time just follow your gut it won't steer you wrong Very Happy Goodluck with what ever you decide.
Bobbi-Lynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 13 yr old who got hers done at the age of 3 1/2, because she kept asking, and she was fine. But my 5 yr old isn't ready. She asked to get them done, when I told her it would hurt a bit, she said never mind Laughing
We did have a few infections though, when my oldest got hers done, you do have to watch for that, and clean them really well.
queenbeerowe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought of doing my daughter's until she asked. She never asked! She's 25, and I doubt she'll ever get them done. Turned out she's not a jewellery person.
pierides

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting until my DD is older. She is very much a tomboy right now. She would end up with infected ears often since she basically just wallows in the dirt in the playground. Rolling Eyes Ah..yes my little piglet.... Laughing
TraceyP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Use some Emla Reply with quote

IF you decide to pierce her ears, go first to the drug store and ask the pharmacist for a product called EMLA. It will topically freeze her ears. I globbed it on the lobes of my (then) 5yr old and she did not feel a thing...just the click of the piercing guns. No problems after that - certainly a personal decision for you.
Jillian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierides wrote:
I am waiting until my DD is older. She is very much a tomboy right now. She would end up with infected ears often since she basically just wallows in the dirt in the playground. Rolling Eyes Ah..yes my little piglet.... Laughing

She would do just fine with my boys...LOL

That's such a smart idea to use the EMLA Tracey! We use it at the hospital, but I never would have thought to use it for ear piercing! I'll have to remember that!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: