Cropper Supply - HEEELLLPPP!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Cropper Supply - HEEELLLPPP!!! Reply with quote

Does anyone have any ideas on how to take all you need for basically 24 hrs. worth of cropping but not take too much. I always pack more than I need but I also find myself saying "Oh I wish I brought that with me!!" I know I can buy what I need when I get to shopping but I always wish I had something specific from home. Does anyone who has been to the crop before have a rough idea as to how many pages to plan to complete for this time frame?
goscrapping

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that many people who attend crops preplan their layouts in advance -- create sketches, clip out pics of layouts they want to scraplift, dog-ear their fav mags.... and then bring only those supplies needed to create those layouts.

How many to plan depends on how fast you scrapbook. I'm not too speedy -- I like to socialize -- I'm happy if I get 5 done in a weekend so I would plan 8-10 that way I can hop back and forth between layouts if I like, etc.... and I have some layouts planned for next time. Works well for me.

Kits will also be available to purchase in the marketplace -- I have been known to pick one or two up from there to work on too (saves my brain from being too taxed after a full day of shopping and cropping Smile hehe)

HAVE FUN packing!!!!!! and remember that you will be sidetracked by all those goodies for sale in the marketplace, all your new scrapping buddies, and perhaps a few games or two as well Friday night -- just sayin! Smile

Go Scrapping's Blog
mgoddss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put kits together for your pages. If you have designs in mind, put them on paper.

Just bring THAT paper for the Layouts, any other colours you can purchase on the floor.

The embellishments you want to use, put in ziplock baggies, and wrap the photos in the sketch/design you have chosen.

I also bring a bunch of sticky notes to jot what I still need on a layout. Like journal on vellum, and attach it to the page.

Ask Lisa or Karen if there will be tools available for you to use while you are there. that way you don't have to bring some of the heavy duty hardware.

OR use your silhouette/cricut before hand to cut what you want, and put it in the baggie that corresponds with your LO.

Bring only your basic colour markers, the ones you use the most.

Your basic kit is a must, only because if you are taking any classes, you will want it. I take a black, brown, and gray ink pad as well.

Trimmers. Bring your straight edge trimmer. Wavy lines, or scallops you can do with scissors rather easily. If you have a smaller trimmer (personal trimmer) leave it at home, as your 12 incher will work fine. One less tool to carry.

I would try to put together 20 'kits' for your photo's. If you finish them all BOO YAH!!!

Then you can cruise the floor for a few extras that catch your eye, or make cards with your scraps.

If you don't finish all 20, then you have some to work on at home, to keep your mojo going!!!

Good luck. Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
TT
M
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Thanks Girls! Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the replies. It gives me an idea of what I'm looking at. It's always hard to know what to expect until you've experienced it. I've only been to scrapfest in Paris as a V.I.P. guest and not as a cropper. I'm looking forward to getting away and having some fun. Now I know what to pack or leave behind. THANKS AGAIN!
deedah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with that Embarassed
Susanm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I read these suggestions and it never works for me.....I get a block and what I prepared doesn't look right or I don't feel like working on it.

Try it for yourself and good luck......I only wish I could pack so lite!!!
Annie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice. I'm not at the Scrapfest crop, but I'm at one on May. I'll try to take some of this advice. I pretty much take the kitchen sink with me.

Do you love online challenges? If so, come play at my challenge blog:

http://another-freaking-scrappy-challenge.blogspot.ca/

Here's where I post my own stuff:

http://raggedyannie1.wordpress.com/
Angel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also make up page kits. Usually includes a sketch, pictures, paper, embellishments and letters for my title. Just remember you can always finish it off a bit more when you get home.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: