Tattered Angels Contest...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrishaLadouceur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Tattered Angels Contest... Reply with quote

So I consider myself to be a pretty lucky gal! I have some pretty darn generous friends in this fun little industry that we all adore. I am also a strong believer in the "Pay it Forward" philosophy... which is why I am making this little post tonite:)

This afternoon, the UPS man made a nice little delivery which was totaly unexpected! It wasn't my regular Design Team Shipment... not for classes that I was aware of... turned out to be a duplicate shipment from a previous event. Sooooooooo what's a girl to do when you get a box FULL of beautiful Glimmer Mist bottles? Well... share of course!

YUP! I am wanting to give away 3 brand new bottles to one person who registers for my Tattered Angels class at Scrapfest (or is already registered) on or before Feb. 14 (VALENTINES day!!!). I will have Lisa draw a name from all registrants on Feb.15 and I will give you the bottles upon my arrival at Scrapfest!

Because February is also Random Act of Kindness month (I think I heard that somewhere...lol!), I will also give away 3 bottles to one person who posts a Pay it Forward Story here on this thread:)

Let's get this party Started ladies!!!
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Thanks Trisha Reply with quote

YEAH!!! Another contest. Come on ladies... sign up for Trisha's Tattered Angels class. I will draw a name on the 15th from the list of students signed up in this class and I will add a little something too from ScrapFest since it is Valentine's day!!

Thanks Trisha! You ROCK!!!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
Beckie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Pay it forward Reply with quote

Hi Trisha, I'm not sure if this is the kind of pay it forward that you are looking for but here is my story. Last year at scrapfest my mother paid for a class on saturday for me so in return this year I paid for her cropfest for friday and saturday. Of course there was thought put into this and that was that I didn't want to attend scrapfest by myself and my mother couldn't afford to go this year. So she gets to go and I get a cropping buddy. What fun we will have. I can't wait.
TrishaLadouceur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky.. that IS the kind of Pay it Forward story I am looking for:)

I love hearing cool things like that!

Keep them coming girls... there must be more of you wanting to play along...
tmom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this a fair bit and was trying think of something that is mentionable.

I have sent out RAKs to people just because I wanted to.

I often donate to the local community organization household items and clothes.

I sneak things over to our neighbours for their granddaughter and sometimes they know it is me and sometimes they don't Laughing

We have a co-worker who is expecting a baby soon and they are having some rough financial times, so I am clipping coupons, putting together a package for them, as well as preparing some ready meals for them when the baby is born.

I don't know if those count as Pay it Forwards or not because I do things like that on a regular basis! It just feels good to be able to things like that.

TrishaLadouceur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether it be called a Random act of Kindness or Pay it Forward type of thing... what it boils down to is how good it makes us all feel to be able to do something without expecting anything in return just because you can!!!

So with this being Random Act of Kindness week, go ahead and give it a whirl! Tell us about it... it could be you that wins the Glimmer Mist (but even if you don't win... chances are you still feel pretty good about making someone else's day:)
tmom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My deed for today is helping out a "Secret Sister" in a swap we are doing for Valentine's. She is sending to someone in Canada from the US and I am giving up my Hershey Chocolate Caramel bars and am sending them to her friend because it is quicker and easier to do so! And because she is such a great person and friend! I love being able to help like that! Even giving up my chocolate Laughing Laughing

Bobbi-Lynn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have a cool pay it forward story.

In November I read this article about how a mom felt that she didn't have the time to do a lot of charity, or make a big difference in the world, so she decided to do '50 days of good deeds' where she just did a single nice deed each day.

I thought that was the coolest idea, because I too don't have a lot of time to invest (I am a mom of 5, need I say more LOL) so I decided to also do the 50 days of good deeds, and that 50 days just so happened to take me to Christmas eve. I did things like favours for others, bake for others, or just buy coffee for the guy in the drive thru behind me.

I did that one a few times. Anyways, fast forward to a letter to the editor I was reading in the local paper, where a woman wrote in to say how she is so thankful for good people in the community. Her husband came home to tell her how his morning coffee was purchased by a stranger in the drive thru line up. When she was telling this to a coworker, her coworker said the same thing happened to her lately. This inspired her to also do some similar acts.

So I was not the only one doing these good deeds, and it was really neat to read how it can affect others.

Oh, and my next good deed? Should you decide to rak me with the glimmer mist, I want to have it sent to my friend (who will also be at Scrapfest) who has yet to try glimmer mist but it is on her wish list. She is coming all the way to Scrapfest from Washington - for her 2nd year in a row!!

Thanks for offering the raks, it's fun to see the other pay it forward posts.
wustaz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who is living through a difficult marriage. Let's say it's pretty bad -he has had to spend time in jail because of his actions. I have taken my friend's kids on numerous occassions so that she can deal with all the workings that she has to go through with lawyers and the police. I have been and will continue to be her safe haven that she can escape to no questions asked
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Pay it forward Reply with quote

They say it's the little things that matter in life and I would have to agree.
I have a Cricut and find it's my stress reliever for a busy life. I love mine so much that I gave one to my mom for Christmas. She took it to her sisters and they got together with my Aunt's friend. They spend 9 hours making all sorts of greeting cards. Later I'm told that my Aunt's friend has problems with sleeping due to discomfort and she also has the blues due to other family problems and stress. Her husband called my Aunt the next day and thanked my mom and aunt for bringing joy and a smile to their friend. She slept through that night without any problems and keeps talking about how much fun she had. My mom in turn called me and said there couldn't have been anything better than that Christmas present that paid itself forward with fellowship and love for a friend. Scrapbooking isn't only about preserving memories it's about the memories you make while doing it. Very Happy Wink
Jillian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing that comes to mind is this. A few weeks ago I was out to do groceries in the evening, (odd for me, usually I do them with the kids during the day) when I got there I ran into a neighbouring dollarama first, and on my way in there was a homeless man, sitting on the concrete just outside the door. He looked at me, as I went in. I made a mental note to try and get some change, but forgot and paid with debit. When I came out he was gone, and I didn't think about it again. This was during that deep freeze...it was SO COLD, my hands froze in the time it took me to get into the store, and this man had been sitting on the cold concrete! I went in, and bought my groceries, and when I came out he was standing in the exit of the store. Not begging, not asking anything of anyone, but seeking some shelter. I took my stuff to the car, opened the apples, and clementines, and put several of them in another bag. I searced the van for change, and came up with $4, I went back and gave it to him, and honestly, you'd have thought I just saved the man's life, he was so grateful! I wish I'd thought to ask him his name, but I didn't. I'm ashamed to admit that in general I avoid homeless people, but for some reason I still think about him. He wasn't always this way. He was a baby and a child, just like the rest of us...it breaks my heart.

As for scrappy stuff, I frequently send out 5 products to 5 different people and then we have a challenge to see what they create with it, and other random RAK's as well...but they don't make me feel nearly as good as having helped that homeless man, even if it was only a little.
TrishaLadouceur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Great stories ladies... keep them coming! Lisa will do a draw tomorrow (Valentines Day)for the 3 bottles of Glimmer Mist and I wil give them to you at ScrapFest.

I love reading about a of these fantastic random acts of Kindness (scrap related and otherwise)... it warms my heart and makes me smile. I love the buying the coffee for the guy behind you... i have been the lucky recipient and have paid it forward numerous times. There is nothing better than getting your Timmy's fix for free:) Seriously... it puts the BIGGEST smil on a persons face for less than 2 bucks... totally cool!
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: My story Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows... I won't be adding my name to the draw but I thought I would share my story. It isn't a Pay it Forward... just something I felt like sharing...

I love to surprise our bus drive Trish who picks up and drops off my two older children for French Immersion everyday. On the really cold days, I stand there waiting with a French Vanilla from Tim Horton's in my hands... and on really hot days, I have an Iced Cap waiting for her. I can see her jumping in her seat when she sees me. Well today was her birthday and the kids wanted to get her something special so guess what we did... we had a huge bouquet of balloons hidden in the garage and when the bus pulled up, we ran to the bus with balloons flying in all directions. She was in tears! I thought, these are just balloons, but then realized that we had given her much more than just balloons. Happy Birthday to our favourite bus driver Trish!!

tmom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that is wonderful of you Lisa!

ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: And the lucky winner is.... Reply with quote

Hi Ladies and Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope it will be special for you!!

OK... I have to draw the name this morning since I will be gone most of the day and I promised my family I would spend more time with them today than the computer Very Happy

The lucky winner is............................................ EVERYBODY!! Yes, I spoke with Trisha and asked her if it were possible for everyone who shared their lovely stories with us to receive a bottle of glimmer mist and she was thinking of doing this anyways. Thank you Trisha. You are so generous and thoughtful!!

Your prize from ScrapFest along with your glimmer mist will be waiting for you at the registration table at ScrapFest in Kitchener. Here are the names I have:

Teresa M, Jennifer C, Jillian A, Bobbi-Lynn S

So I need Beckie and pjscrappers to let me know what their full name is so that I have these ready for you as well. Thanks for sharing your stories for they are all beautiful and special and put some smiles on other peoples faces and hearts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: