Hey everyone! Just saying Hello!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KathyT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kathy's photography class description Reply with quote

Scrapfest Sandra wrote:
Hello ladies,

I know that all of you are anxiously waiting for class descriptions. They are going to be posted soon. However, in the meantime Lisa has given me permission to post the description for Kathy's "Photgraphy for Scrapbookers" class that she will be teaching at ScrapFest in April.

The class description is as follows.

It’s called “Photography for Scrapbookers” because there is more to good photography than the technically perfect shot, sometimes photos are emotionally perfect and we’ll touch on that too!

We will start with the basics and work our way up. We will briefly go over the parts of the camera, different types of cameras, types of lenses and which ones you need to get the shots you want, your camera modes (auto and creative), and our focus will be on light and that all important triangle: Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO – how they work together and how you can begin to capture the shots you want!

You will be taking your camera off of automatic and working in the creative modes!

We’ll talk about good photo composition, framing your shots, portable, inexpensive backdrops, white balance and we will close with the digital workflow – what to do with all those pictures you’ve taken, including both short and long term storage.

The aim this workshop is for you to leave better informed, more confident as a photographer and excited about taking pictures! It’s fast paced but that’s ok, because everyone leaves with a 75+ slide presentation on CD as well as a printed handout, covering everything we discuss in the class!
So charge those batteries, grab that manual (yep, you’ll need it after all!), have some strong coffee and prepare for a few ‘a-ha’ moments!!! Oh, and grab that lip gloss because you’ll be appearing in a few shots too!!!

Anyhow, I hope that this helps satisfy your curosity (at least for a short time).

Looking forward to seeing everyone in April

Sandra

p.s. And don't forget to check out Kathy's Sneak Peek for ScrapFest at http://kathythompsonlaffoley.typepad.com/kathy_thompson_photograph/2009/01/scrapfest-2009.html. She's done an amazing job! (wish I knew how to put together collages like that Very Happy )

Thanks for the kind intro, Sandra!

If anyone has any additional questions about the workshop, please don't hesitate to ask!
KathyT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descriptions are up, so if you have any questions please feel free to post here, pm me or email me Very Happy
tmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how exciting to take the camera off auto! Can't wait for it!

I am flying in from NS, we are practically neighbours LOL!

KathyT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmom wrote:
Oh how exciting to take the camera off auto! Can't wait for it!

I am flying in from NS, we are practically neighbours LOL!

Where are you in NS???
Bobbi-Lynn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer for my good friend Teresa, she is in Truro, NS. And she is staying with me when she comes into town. I am so excited!
tmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bobbi-Lynn!

Yes I am in good old Truro.

KathyT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then we are 'almost' neighbours Smile

I'm looking forward to meeting you!
tmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to meet you and learn more about my camera that's for sure!

ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Photography Class is SOLD OUT!! Reply with quote

Well, it looks like a lot of people were interested in Kathy's Photography Class for it is already SOLD OUT!! Not even 36 hours into registration!!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
tmom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! I am not surprised!

Bobbi-Lynn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not surprised either! That's why a few of us made sure we registered in the class as soon as registration opened Laughing
KathyT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really humbled you guys, thank you!!! I promise to pack as much as I possibly can into that 3 hours Very Happy Wink
pjscrappers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Excited for your class Reply with quote

Hi Kathy, I am taking your saturday photography class. I am so excited to meet you and learn about my DSLR camera. I have three wonderful kids and my youngest just turned 10 months. I love photography and it will be so wonderful to finally have a hands on to capture the memories of my kids' lives. They grow so fast and there are many times that I wish I could get that spectacular picture but just not sure of the best way to do it. Thank you in advance for coming to Scrapfest. I've been once in Paris but I have read that Kitchener is a must to be experienced. Thanks!

Anita (pjscrappers) Very Happy Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: