How to Pack for Scrapfest ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2018
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: How to Pack for Scrapfest ? Reply with quote

What do you pack for a weekend crop ? If you don't have a rollie tote, how do you pack all of your necessities ? Any suggestions would be awesome :)
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really difficult to pack for a crop if you are like me since I want to bring everything that I own. I try to plan ahead now and have some layouts planned with coordinating papers, embellishments, etc... and I put these into a 12x12 plastic container. I also bring bins with my scrap stuff.

I am sure some ScrapFest croppers would be happy to share with you how they pack for a crop. Remember, if you need anything the Marketplace is only a few steps away and these booths will have it all.

See you soon. Counting down the days.... 5!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcie. Do you have a back pack? that might come in handy or at least free up your hands to carry something else. Very Happy Very Happy As Lisa said it's hard not to pack everything. And I am here to say, I never get it all in on 1 trip. Be prepared to make a couple so you don't over load. Shocked Shocked
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcie,

Yes, packing for crops is such a challenge, I think I've got everything and the kitchen sink and I've sorted and purged and planned and will be continuing to pair down until Friday.

I've started utilizing my thirty one totes / bags which is awesome and try not to carry the album with me but just the pages I need. Also, your main supplies - photos, cutting tools are a must to pack. But as Dawn says a few trips is usually necessary.

The group I scrap with we have started volunteering to bring certain things that we all can share. For example I bring my mists and inks pads, another gal brings her cricut etc. it works so we are ultimately all carrying a bit less.

And don't worry if you forget something the marketplace is wonderful to pick up those items you forgot.

See you on Friday and happy scrapping.
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcie,
Yes, packing is such a challenge as I try to be organized and figure out what I'm going to work on and then bring what I'd need for those layouts (paper, bling, stamps, punches etc). But I really like using the rolling drawers that have 3-4 drawers. Then I can keep things organized and I'm not having to dig through stuff. Makes for easy packing up too since everything's already in a drawer so I just tape them up so they don't open up on me during transport. For the bigger stuff I have plastic totes (eg. Rubbermaid) and I transport my finished layouts in the 12x12 containers. But it's so awesome to have the Marketplace next door because if I've forgotten anything, it's all right there. Remember to keep a little empty space so that you've got room to pack any fun goodies that you find there Wink . If you've got a little dolly to bring multiple things in at once, that's always helpful too.
See you soon!!
Lorna
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 13th & 14th, 2018 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: