Summer Contest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Richmond Hill: September 23rd & 24th, 2016
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Summer Contest Reply with quote

Its time for another contest...

Just post here by answering this question, "what is your favourite way to beat the heat this summer?"

We will pick a winner on Friday, August 12th! The winner will have a prize waiting for them at ScrapFest in Richmond Hill.

We hope everyone is enjoying this lovely summer!

Thanks for playing along!
Lisa

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
kiwi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I moved out of my parent's house, I spent time in the neighbour's pool. Now, I stay where there's A/C. Or under a shady tree with a book and a cold drink Smile
april

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the shade and a good book as well, to beat the summer heat. Smile
TRUDY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite way to stay cool was to get into the boat and go up to one of the islands for the day and night ,just float around in the water on my air mattress with drink in hand and always a group of friends then have barbeque get back on boat zip up windows to keep mosquitos out and just listen to the loons watch the sunset then go to bed wake up in morning make a coffee listen to all the wildlife around you watch the sun rise and start all over again. Very Happy Very Happy was the good times and kids loved it also
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say it's ICE CREAM yep that is my most favorite hot summer day heat beater. there is nothing like a nice cold ice cream cone on a hot summer day. loved it as a kid and still do. Laughing Laughing
peeps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no AC, so I have as many fans going as possible. My scrap room is actually the coolest in the house as it does not get as much sun. It's not the ideal spot for scrapping in that sense, but at least the temperature is a bit more bearable!
Erin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Beating the Summer Heat Reply with quote

Shade trees, cool drinks, swimming; these are all favourites of mine. Gardening is creative, not to mention good for the bees and hummingbirds, but can be a very hot task so I enjoy gardening when it's shady. When the sunshine moves too close and my space heats up, I either head for another shady spot in need of touch ups or relax under a shady tree with a drink in hand, often after that refreshing plunge in the pool.
Cheryl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Heat beating Reply with quote

Air conditioning. Gin & Tonics. Cool northern lakes.
ScrapFestMichelle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Winner Reply with quote

Thank you for playing along with our How do you beat the summer heat contest. Our winner from the Facebook page is:
Davina Soares
and our winner from the Forum is:
Peeps.
Thank you all for playing along your prize will be available for pick up at the registration desk at ScrapFest Richmond Hill
TRUDY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone hope your enjoying your summer. Congratulations Peeps and Davina enjoy your prize. Wow only 39 more days to go and then the fun begins Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
See everyone soon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations Ladies. What a way to start off Scrapfest weekend, with a special surprise waiting at the door. And I see this is your First Scrapfest too Davina . Way to go Girl. Just 39 days to the big event. can't wait Very Happy Very Happy
peeps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Richmond Hill: September 23rd & 24th, 2016 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: