CropFest Contest!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> CropFest in Cambridge: November 6th - 8th, 2015
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: CropFest Contest! Reply with quote

We're getting excited about CropFest next month....so let's get this party started with a contest!

Since our theme is "Back to the 80's" tell us what you remember most about the 80's. Deadline is Monday, October 19 at 8pm. Your prize will be waiting for you at the Registration desk!
Lyndsaykr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neon clothes!
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the peach colour harem pants I had in Grade 8 (1988) that were cropped with the long crotch, just like MC Hammer in his "Can't Touch This" video.

I purchased these in Toronto and being from a small town got teased heartlessly about wearing them cause no one else in the school had pants like that but I thought I was so trendy and right on the fashion mark.
kiwi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I was a teenager in the 80s, I was a victim to many of the fads of the decade, but I think what I remember most FONDLY is the music. I still like 80s rock music Smile

Ladyjayne, I too, had a pair of black "Hammer" pants. I LOVED them, they were so comfortable Smile
aml1284

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: cropfest Cambridge contest Reply with quote

I remember spending all day New Years day taping the top 102 songs from CFNY and carefully positioning the tape to the right spot with my Bic pen, painstakingly pausing for each and every commercial. This, naturally was done wearing my rugby pants and baseball shirt...a bit of a tomboy in the 80s Very Happy

Anne Marie Langlois
Dawn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my lord, I had a pair of neon yellow coveralls Shocked WITH PLEATS , I thought those suckers where the cats pajammas. I wore them everywhere, come to think of it all of my pants ,shorts and skirts had pleats. Very Happy gotta say with my current (ummmm ) more mature figure, Rolling Eyes pleats are not my friend. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Habsmom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the one thing I remember the most is the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. We were watching it at school in history class. I also remember being at Parliament Hill when the Queen came and we became and independent country.

On the fun side: neon clothes, video dances especially our school having a MuchMusic dance. I remember using one of the first Apples in our school and then the first MacIntosh.
Rasoticat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the neon colours, big hair and music; I remember lining up along the road with my class to slap Rick Hansen's hand as he road by us on his man in motion tour.
TRUDY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy loved the bright coloured clothing and listening to the music but most of all loved living on our boat from May 24 weekend until October then heading out on our boat with all of our friends from the marina, tying up at the dock and having thanksgiving dinner with them on the island. We would spend the whole weekend listening to music , the loons at night and watching all of the wild life , the leaves had all of the bright colours reflecting off the water and it was wonderful!!! The kids would be fishing , going on scavenger hunts, and everyone was having so much fun.
TRUDY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Happy Thanksgiving everyone
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a blast from the past! It's been fun reading your posts....and thinking "yep, did that" and "yep, remember that". Thanks for sharing your memories!

Happy Thanksgiving and hope you've been able to enjoy this beautiful weekend with friends and family!!
Cheryl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Neon Reply with quote

My best friend wore a complete outfit in neon yellow - pants, top, socks, headband. We had typing class (with TYPEWRITERS!), and our typing teacher closed the blinds and turned off the lights to see if she glowed in the dark Smile
kiwi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well? Did she? Very Happy
Cheryl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Neon Reply with quote

No. Neon clothing does not glow in the dark. No phospors. Smile
ScrapFestMichelle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our winner for the CropFest Cambridge game is Cheryl! We all want to know, Cheryl did she glow in the dark?

Cheryl's post:

My best friend wore a complete outfit in neon yellow - pants, top, socks, headband. We had typing class (with TYPEWRITERS!), and our typing teacher closed the blinds and turned off the lights to see if she glowed in the dark

Congratulations Cheryl, your prize will be available for pickup at the Crop, see you there
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> CropFest in Cambridge: November 6th - 8th, 2015 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: