Can't Wait for Cropfest
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> CropFest in Cambridge: November 6th - 8th, 2015
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Can't Wait for Cropfest Reply with quote

Hello All,

Don't know about you but I can't wait for Cropfest to get here. I've already started the planning / packing.

1. Cropfest tickets = check
2. Hotel room booked = check
3. Planning my "show us your creativity" costume / table decorations = check
4. starting to think about what projects / photos I want to scrapbook = in process

What is everyone else up too?
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also started the planning and packing. This is going to be such a fun event with the 80s theme. We are coming up with some fun games, props for the photobooth, and so much more.

We will be sending out a crop blast to everyone very shortly to go over some details and we will include the layout and card themes as well. Oh, and make sure you read the blast for there will be a contest. We need to start giving away some prizes!

Looking forward to seeing our croppers in Cambridge real soon!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
TRUDY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my only 4 more weeks to go until the fun begins can you believe it. I just finished putting everything away from Richmond Hill and now it's time to plan what to pack for Cambridge. I am definitely going to pack lighter this time(honestly Dawn) I will really try too. Does everyone know what they are going to be working on? Are you costumes ready, I am not 100% sure but I think Dawn and I have ours figured out. Can not wait to see all of the fun events that the scrapfest team come up with. Oh yeah guess I better start taking my vitamins too since it's an all night crop. Sorry Sandra I promise that I will try to get Dawn to bed by 5:30 Very Happy Very Happy I may have to hide the chocolate sorry Dawn! But yeah know we should probably try to beat last years bed time. Is there going to be a trade table this year?
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Trudy,
4 more weeks, crazy but I'm glad the time is flying by. Packing lighter is always the challenge and I'm never successful at that...lol
As for working on I really need to catch up on my daughters dance album...only a few years behind, then I might bring along some random pictures to work on just to give myself some variety.
Costume is under way just one more piece (need to craft it) and I'm set! I'm so looking forward to wearing the costume.
Vitamins...good idea I must start that too.
Looking forward to the fun we are going to have. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness 4 weeks. Yes Trudy and ladyjane I hear ya about the DREAM to pack light Shocked Shocked I've managed to take less cases then before, but the ones I do take they are a heck of alot heavier then ever. Laughing Laughing Laughing "what's ya gonna do".

now let's talk 80's. When looking on the internet trying to get a grip on the fashions.........I discovered some of those styles are still in my closet. Shocked Shocked AND I STILL WEAR THEM. ....far to many emotions there. Mostly .......WHAT WAS I THINKING.
Laughing Laughing I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't have to dig that deep. I may be the only one to admitt it though. LOL what's your favorite piece of the 80's.
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Dawn,

Sadly, I can honestly say that my closet is bare of the 80s wear. I recently went to an 80s themed roller skate and was shocked at how difficult it was to come up with something out of my closet (did my best though). I must have good purging skills....right??? Laughing Laughing Laughing So with that my 80s costume has taken on a different aspect of the 80s but that is all I'm going to say. You will just have to wait until cropfest to see what I've come up with.

Favorite piece from the 80s....that is a really good question Dawn. I guess I would have to say that I don't have a favorite piece but I did like that we had punk, neon, preppy etc. the 80s was really an anything goes time. I'm glad the large shoulder pads are gone though.

What was your favorite 80s band?
TRUDY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ladyjayne that's a hard question because I loved all the music. I think my favourites would have been Jimi Hendrix-all along the watchtower, Led Zeppelin - wanta whole lot of love, and twisted sister -we're not going to take it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. What music was your favourite
Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say it's the earlier 80's I like the best. from MJ . To Kenny Rodgers toChrisopher Cross. and don't forget Billy Joel and Phil Collins. yep gonna say I listen to 8 on 80's all the time. But so not a metal head like Trudy.
Shocked Wink
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trudy and Dawn,

Well growing up in the 80s I didn't really appreciate the music then and listened to classics from the 70's and 60's (my parents where thankful Laughing Laughing ).

Now as I've aged I'd have to say Billy Joel - Uptown Girl is right up there for me, Twisted Sister....loved we're not going to take it and Debbie Gibson - Electric Youth. Wow, I put it down my choice of music is all over the place. Shocked

Wishing you ladies and the scrapfest team a Happy Thanksgiving.
Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 more days how Narly is that (am I in the right era?). Did anyone else get the dumping of snow last night? Shocked Shocked We got a little smeg but 10 miles (yes miles ) down the road they got 4-5 inches. kinda weird seeing the snow covered cars all driving around (I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't dug out the winter gear (snowbrushes and shovels) yet Very Happy Very Happy see everyone soon Smile think spring like weather, Shocked and no snow for at lest 4 weeks Wink
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dawn,

Can't say I remember using Narly back in the 80's but than again I really didn't hang with the "popular" crowd. More or less marched to my own beat and still do. Smile Smile

We avoided the snow (insert cartwheel icon), but it was cold so off to the shoe store to purchase winter boots for the daughter Sad and yes I need to get that shovel and snow brush out of storage. Okay, truth my daughter put on a Christmas CD already...ugh! Confused Confused

Woo Whooo!!!! 18 more days. Are we ready? And yes let's think warm thoughts, no snow.... Cool Cool Cool Cool "the future's so bright I gotta wear shades"
Cheryl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: 80s slang Reply with quote

Yep, "gnarly"! Opposite of "grody" (and its superlative: grody to the max!). Gag me with a spoon. Like, TOTALLY. Radical, dude.

I could go on Smile
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Cheryl, if the Scrapfest team plays a game of 80s slang I don't want to compete against you...lol Laughing Laughing You sure do know your stuff.

For some reason I don't remember these slang words, except for TOTALLY. Anyway guess while I'm re-packing my bags I should brush up on some 80s slang.

Can't wait...Cropfest will soon be here...YIPPEE!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Cheryl, you blow me away. Very Happy Very Happy as I'm reading this and laughing out loud LOL ( no really my son is looking at me , trying to figure out what's so funny. Totally doesn't get it ). I'm remembering just how rad we really were. In our own minds mostly. again way too funny. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes Wink
kiwi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember "like", was like, every like, second or like, third word. Drove my mother CRAZY!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> CropFest in Cambridge: November 6th - 8th, 2015 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: