Scrapbook Retreat

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> Random Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Micheline Happer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Scrapbook Retreat Reply with quote

Has anyone planned a scrapbook retreat before? I've been on a couple in the past but I've never planned one. I would like to organize one sometime in the New Year but I don't know what I need to do.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

One thing I would like to do is to have various vendors there. Someone from Creative Memories (I have a friend already in mind for this), stampin up and TLC. Is there anything else that should be there? All the retreats I've been on have been only CM but I thought it would be nice to have a variety of vendors for people to choose from. What do you think?

I've emailed a couple of places in the Pigeon Lake area as I think that would be a great location for an event like this.

Great for labeling your scrapbook tools so you don't lose them at your next crop night or scrapbook retreat.
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you spoken with the organisers of the retreats you have attended?

I suppose it depends what sort of scale you want to work on - whether you want to keep it small and intimate or whether you want to gather two dozen or so scrappers.

Perhaps if you began by listing the things you liked about the retreats you've attended, the things you wish had happened, the things you'd have liked to see done, that would give you a starting point, at least.

The owner of our local scrap shop has held crops at The Wind in the Willows resort at Buck Lake and cannot say enough about how wonderful it was for them.

Good luck!
Micheline Happer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. I actually forgot all about this post. Very Happy

I have booked our retreat at Rundle's Mission close to Pigeon Lake. I even made a website with all the details of the retreat.

I did exactly what you mentioned. I wrote down what I would like to see at a retreat and then went and booked everything.

It should be a lot of fun. I'm so looking forward to it.

Great for labeling your scrapbook tools so you don't lose them at your next crop night or scrapbook retreat.
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolio! It looks as though you have planned a great weekend, Micheline. I hope it becomes a regular event for you. Have fun! ▄
Micheline Happer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mylene. Our plan is to make this a semi-annual event.

Mylene

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on! ▄ I'll be watching for photographs and crop report (giggle) once the weekend has passed.
Micheline Happer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plan is to take lots of photos and then digitally scrapbook them for our website. I will definitely keep you posted. Very Happy

Mylene, where in Oil Country do you live?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> Random Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: