Cropper Contest!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener 2016: April 8th & 9th, 2016
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUDY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My super hero would have to be my mother in law. She has raised eight children on her own and was always there for all of them as her husband worked out of town and was home only on weekends. Later in life she has had three strokes, is in a wheel chair because she can no longer walk or stand by herself, can not speak, can not hear, has to have all of her food puréed but always has a smile on her face when ever you see her. It just amazes me how she can still be so strong and not give up. She still has her memory though because if I give her a card she will look at it then flip it over to make sure my signature is on it and that I haven't boughten it at the store. Then she will look up at me and give me such a big smile and want a hug.
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very good question scrapfest team and I've pondered this long and hard and have come up with a two part answer.

First if I could be a fictional super hero it would have to be wonder woman. I grew up watching this show with my dad who always said if "wonder woman knocked on the door to let her in". But really her outfit is awesome (who doesn't want a wonder woman outfit), the lasso of truth would sure come in handy some days, has super hero reflexes (look at the way she used those arm bands) and the way she would spin around and poof into her outfit (I wish getting dressed was that easy). Let's not forget the theme song...it always brings a smile to me and fond memories of time spent with my dad.

Second is what I call my everyday heroes and there are 4 that come to mind right away. All with very different super hero qualities but also some of the same qualities (positivity, love of life, perseverance, etc.) to which I hope I emulate and pass along to my daughter.

These everyday heroes are my mom. She is strong beyond words, has an amazingly caring heart, has a sixth sense (yep she always knew stuff and still does), she's intuitive and has raised me with kindness, love and the knowledge that family is what matters. My mom is also a cancer survivor. She was diagnosed when both my sister and I had become new moms ourselves and we were faced with the possibility that our 4 month old daughters might not grow up to know their amazing grandma. She was positive throughout, told us if you wanted any cancer this was the one as it was most treatable, went through treatment which involved drinking liquid radiation and has come out on top. Even though its over the 5 year mark her blood work continues to show cancer cells, although not active at this time but she continues on not letting it worry her or the family.

The second everyday hero in my life is my sister. She is a single mother, self employed business woman and has the most amazing quick wit and is super smart. Nothing gets past her, don't even try to trick her as you will fail.

Third is my cousin who was born with cerebral palsy. She is upbeat, lives independently, works with seniors and recently became a gold medal Olympian at the special Olympics with her curling team.

Finally is a dear friend of mine who was faced with death due to a virus that affected her heart. She was lucky to receive a heart transplant. She has taught me the value of loving life and not taking anything for granted. She also remained so positive throughout her illness (planning her wedding etc.) so that even on the darkest of my days I really can stop and think about her and how she handled what life threw at her. She is amazing.

These are just a few of my everyday heroes that touch my life on a regular bases and I can tell you I'm one of the luckiest people around to have such super heroes in my life.
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've loved reading all these posts....by the end I had both cried and laughed. You Croppers are the best! Good luck to all in this contest---can't wait to hear who the winner is! Very Happy
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ladies, we posted the winner for our Crop contest on the wrong page. So, if you didn't hear already... the winner is KIWI! We will have a prize waiting for you Kiwi at the registration desk.

We also sent out a blast today. We hope you have had a chance to read it over. We are going to ask you to bring a photo of your personal hero and we are going to create our own wall of heroes at the entrance to the crop.

Its a week away! Are you ready? We can't wait to host another crop with all of you wonderful ladies. See you soon.

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an awsome idea. Can we bring more then 1 hero? It's kinda hard to decide. Very Happy Very Happy
Scrappy Margie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Contest Query Reply with quote

I don't see an entry by Kiwi for this particular contest. Am I missing something, folks?
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes you are correct. I think the name was drawn from the wrong posts!! We will draw a new name but we won't take the prize away from Kiwi. That would just be mean Very Happy

I will be back with a new winner from this collection of posts. Sorry about that ladies...

ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our winner for this contest is.....

RobertaS

Please send me a personal message with your full name and we will have a prize waiting for you at the registration desk. Congratulations!!

Thanks for playing along everyone and our apologies for the mix up!!

See you next weekend.
Lisa

kiwi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm not too upset there was a mix-up with the names. At least I did enter a contest Smile
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more winners... the better!! lol

Just did up your prizes... and we still have another contest coming your way tomorrow. Check back again tomorrow for another chance to win!

SisterBug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats RobertaS!
Yes more free prizes! Laughing

Crop Hostess
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener 2016: April 8th & 9th, 2016 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: