One more contest before the event!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> CropFest in Cambridge: November 7th & 8th, 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: One more contest before the event! Reply with quote

Ok ladies. We want you to describe to us your favourite costume that you have worn OR describe the ugliest costume you have ever had to wear.

Just by posting your costume description either here on the forum or on facebook, will allow you the chance to win a prize at CropFest in Cambridge. We will announce the winners name on Wednesday, Nov. 5th at 8pm.

Happy Hallowe'en everyone!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
moniquek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Best costume Reply with quote

I dressed up as the granny from the tweety bird cartoons. I had a white lace high necked dress, a birdcage with a stuffed tweety bird in it, round glasses, hair in bun etc. It looked great and everybody knew who I was
jo-ann

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago I dressed as a black cat with a white face. I slathered honey all over my face then stuck cotton balls on the honey. No one knew who I was. I won first prize and then I revealed who I was. it was so fun being out of character.
Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I was little maybe 5 or 6 (about 50 years ago) my mom sewed up princess gowns for my sister and I. She made them out of crepe paper Shocked I was pink and Kimmy was blue. We felt like the most beautiful little girls in the world. My Mom is very creative, Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Maybe that's where my love of playing with paper comes from. Wink Wink
Happy Halloween everyone

See you soon
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav costume was the one I whipped up last minute to go to a Halloween party as my girlfriend waited for me.

I went through my daughters dress up supplies and came up with wings and antenna. Then onto my old dance costumes and I came across a bright lime green lace number with bright yellow fringe on the bottom. Presto! Instant Glowworm/glowbug.

Now sadly at the party everyone kept asking me what I was and I was happy to tell them I was a glowworm....glimmer, glimmer. One person took me as Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus. But it sure amazing what costume you can whip up in a second. Smile Smile Smile
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are such fun stories. I have one to share as well. I was at University and decided to get dressed up as a bunch of purple grapes! I put on an awful purple sweater and track pants that I found. Then I had my roommate pin purple balloons all over my body. I used a brown paper bag that I twisted and tied to my pony tail. TA DA!!

It was a great idea until I had to get into my car to drive everyone to the party. Crap... I could not get into the car and I couldn't even sit down to drive! It wasn't that easy to go to the bathroom later either. Purple grapes wasn't such a smart idea after all. LOL

Hope everyone enjoyed their Hallowe'en! See you soon.

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
kiwi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attached a bunch of mini Smarties boxes to my pants, and put construction paper circles in matching colours onto my shirt. I was a 'Smarty Pants'. Nobody knew who/what I was until I told them, THEN they said it was a pretty cool costume Smile
Cheryl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Favourite costume/worst costume Reply with quote

My favourite costume is my Scary Witch. Red rimmed eyes, pale makeup with hints of green, and my handmade spider shawl, doc marten boots, and, mostly my own black clothes Smile . The spider shawl looks impressive but is just a piece of cool fabric that I sewed binding tape onto.

Strangest/worst costume -- in high school, I had no money so I got some black face makeup, painted my face, dressed all in black, threw on a pair of sunglasses, and told people I was a Shadow. So very lame.
Cheryl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Smarty Pants Reply with quote

Just a note to Kiwi's post -- I thought: "What's wrong with this woman with Smarties stapled to her jeans?" Smile
warrenm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Favorite Halloween Costume Reply with quote

My favorite costume
When my oldest daughter was 2 years old (now 24 years old), we both dressed up as matching black and white mime clowns. It was a lot of fun to go trick or treating with her in matching homemade costumes. We both wore baggy black pants, white shiny shirts with big black pom poms down the front and flouncy black collars at the neck.
TRUDY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite costume was when I dressed up as a witch and on the way to work I stopped to pick up a girl that I was working with that night. Her daughter was with her when she answered the door and was just around 3 yrs old. she was so frightened of me that she just started crying. I felt so bad but the funny part of the story is that I had not seen the child again until she was in her twenties. I went up to her and introduced myself and asked her if she remembered me. To my surprise she answered yeah you where that horrible looking witch that came to my house to pick Mom up for work. You really where scary looking and until this day I still do not like any witches that come to my door for Halloween. Meanwhile I thought I looked great and was laughing about everyone taking a second look when I came up to the stop signs while driving to work. did not think I was scary at all.
ScrapFestMichelle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for playing along with our last contest before our CropFest Event. Our winner is
Shelly Poitras Medina.

Your prize will be available to pick up at CropFest Cambridge.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> CropFest in Cambridge: November 7th & 8th, 2014 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: