Countdown to fun!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 12th and 13th, 2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  
april

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend has it.................
One day John Wayne comes sauntering along onto his front porch to
enjoy some summertime country hospitality with his neighbour Joe.
Joe asks John were the missus is. Oh ,(in his deep John Wayne voice),
she's out the back with Elle May doing that there scrapbookin' stuff. The neighbours continue to rock back and forth in their porch rocking chairs while they wittle away on a stick. Joe waits a few minutes and shyly says " Yeah, I heard the boys wanted to try their hand at getting crafty too." John continues to wittle and rock then says most matterfactly "I found some coloured paper and glue one night, after dark, and I made a picture. After that I was hooked. I've got a secret scrapbook goin' on out in the barn that I'm making for my love for her birthday."
Joe smiles. "She'll sure be surprised." "I was thinkin'" ponders John,
Do you think the girls will let us join in with them?" "Well, sure, lets go on out back and find out" states Joe as he stands up and dusts off his cowboy boots. If only there had been Scrapfest back then, they could have all scrapped to their heart's content and did, you know it, the happy dance!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tonight's warm up is an old favourite, the pucker. Come on girls, do your
fish lips to get ready for all those scrappy smiles at Scrapfest!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ScrapFest Lorna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you guys make me laugh so much!!!! Just what's needed as we come into the home stretch before we arrive in Kitchener!
Seems like I'm not only going to have to dress like a cowpoke but talk like one too! LOL!!!

Ok....off to continue prepping to bring you the best Hoedown ever!!

Have a great weekend y'all...and continue that happy dancing! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy Howdy! I always knowed I liked that John Wayne feller. must be cuse he's one of them here closet (barn) scrapbookin' cowboys. No harm in that. Him bein' in all them there "talkin' picture shows n'all " must have a mess of photographies to work on. Shocked Shocked Oh cowboy partners only 6 more sleeps yahoo Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing man these boots are doing the happy dance all the way home. Happy friday all, remember to dance Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
april

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can barely stand it, I'm so excited!!!!! I know the clock says 6 days but we may as well call it 5!!!!! Just imagine, everywhere you look, will be delightful scrappiness!!!! Ok, I know today's warmup!! Deep breath in,
and deep breath out!!!! Easy does it!!!! Not quite steady yet? Repeat!!!!
When you've settled down your excited breathing, go for it!!! Do the dance
!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Scrappy Margie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Western Song Reply with quote

An' then there's that good ol' Western song - "I got tears in mah ears fum lyin' on mah back in mah bed whal I cry over yewwwww"
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Just a'joinin in the scrappin, rockin anticipashun, yew gals
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just sitting here, having a cup of tea with nothing to do so I went back and started to read some of the posts that I have missed along the way. I can't believe it was all started by April with 133 days to go. And now we are only 4 days away? Seriously.... where did the time go?

Thanks to all of you for posting, for those of you who come here and read (but may not post). We look forward to seeing you all soon at ScrapFest in Kitchener. I will be putting on my cowgirl boots and my cowgirl hat and will be doing a little happy dance at the Crop!

Ok, back to getting ready. Truly won't be long now. Thanks again for keeping the excitement going these past 133 days!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY COW POKE!!!!! Only 4 days to go, 4...where oh where has the time gone. I"m not even packed been doin' the happy dance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy to much I guess.

Well ths here cowgirl will need to rope things in and get it all together. Well after I practice my roping techniques.....todays excerise put the right hand on your right hip, riase the left hand up above the head and make circular motions then repeat on the other side. There you go girls, roping technique CHECK!!!

Can't wait, oh I so can't wait. Now break loose while no one is looking (at work) and HAPPY DANCE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so... as I'm walking into the office this morning 3 people asked me " how many more sleeps" then I'm grabbing a coffee in the cafe and 2 more ask "how many more sleeps" so I get to my desk and there's a sign on it " 3 MORE SLEEPS" Shocked Shocked how cool is that? it say 3 because we always use Thursday as a travel day, and Sunday is a travel day too and Monday is a recoup day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . I guess the people around me ARE listening. Laughing Laughing Laughing I think I'll get them to happy Dance with me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn, Could you please check your PM's. Thanks. Smile
The big day is almost here!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn, what an awesome group of people you work with. What a way to start your day off.

Yes, get them happy danc'n with you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool Dawn! I bet that made your day when you saw the sign.
We're so close now. Can you feel the joy in the air!! I can, that's for sure
!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
april

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three days!!!
I am so looking forward to taking my class on Saturday with Trisha.
It's the "It's A Guy Thing Layout Workshop". I figure I am a perfect fit as I have a house full of guys. Three sons and a hubby. Our sons are in their twenties so I'm thinking this class will be perfect for the "older"
guys. Sometimes it's hard to scrap them without going all cutsie, like I did when they were younger. There are still a few spots if anyone would like to join in.

So now with Scrapfest being so close, I'm making sure that all cans are not in the "drop down on my foot zone". Making sure I have no injuries at work, and most importantly, making sure that all footstools are out of harms way when it's time to do the happy dance. Come dance with me
!
!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lyndsaykr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it's almost here. I'm bringing along a couple of newbies and looking forward to introducing them to all the fun we have at Scrapfest. As well, my daughter has just brought home her Girl Guide cookies (mint and original) so I'm bringing a couple of cases in case anyone is interested. I know I'll be sharing some at my table to snack on while we talk and scrap. Only 4 more sleeps!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow Shocked Shocked the pressures on now, I've put all the toys and papers I want to bring to work with in a pile Smile Smile yah that's good (right) but then last night got thinking ( thanks Trudy ) what is it that I'm going to work on? Shocked Shocked Shocked I DON"T KNOW............ will it be page lay outs.... yah .... cards, OK ...... Mini albums ? I like that idea. Confused Confused Confused Maybe I'll just take it all. (again) I do this every year, it really doesn't get any eazier, So many ideas in my head, so many things to learn, what if I forget something I really really need? Trudy you started this . you asked the same question last night. Shocked OK 2 bags each ,plus clothes , plus snacks,plus very creative stylin' outfits,plus table decorations,plus, plus plus Shocked Shocked Shocked Man it's a good thing my van is still on the road Laughing Laughing Laughing I think I'll just do some distressing Happy dancing and remember it's Scrapfest, it's a great time and we always have a blast no matter what we forgot. LET'S HAPPY DANCE, IT JUST FEELS SOO GOOD Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
What are you guys bringing?
ladyjayne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn, way to go getting your stuff together mine is all over the place but I'd like to say nicely organized in my head.

You asked what I'm bringing so here it goes.
1. happy feet to happy dance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
2. photos and albums in a bag (I always bring a few in case I just am not inspired to work on it and leave the extras in the van). I've got dance, school and some professional photos to work on
3. my large rolling cart - filled with paper, pages, page protectors, glitter, stickles, emblishments etc.
4. my tool bag - trimmers, scissors, punches etc.
5. spending money... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
6. costumes and table decorations

Now that I've got that down for some reason I know my van will be full. In honesty I always bring far to much as I tend to shop and chat and not get much done.

Now to warm up to get all this packed. I'll do the "wash board" bend your knees, bring your arms up to your chest, as you straighten the knees bring the arm straight down...yep, this cowgirl is ready to go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest in Kitchener: April 12th and 13th, 2013 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: