Cathie Allan is looking forward to meeting you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 16th and 17th, 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sherry,
Wait until after "Scrapfest" .... I have a surprise in your kit!! Scrap & Stamp Arts sent a wonderful surprise for all the folks in my classes!
The version of "the faux leather technique" that I am teaching IN ONLY 2 DAYS is actually a bit different than the one I laid out in the article .... somehow the TECHNIQUE GREW. Hmmmmm, how'd that happen (tee hee). When you have stamps and ink ..... the possibilities are endless ..... this is why I am still hooked after 30 years. My goodness, I just realized that I have been playing with stamps and ink for just about 1/2 my life .... I sometimes wonder if I have blood in my veins or ink? Hmmmmm, the question now being ..... what type of ink (more giggles). Yes, it is REALLY, REALLY early here in Stony Plain, Alberta and I have NOT had enough coffee .... does it show??
Jillian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in your classes...but my Brand Spankin' new Cathie Allan stamp positioner landed at my doorstep today!!! Now if I can just find a little time tonight to play with it! Smile
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jillian
Make sure you drop by the Canadian Scrapbooker booth tomorrow night. I will be there. Please introduce yourself to me so I can put a face to your beautiful name.
There is still room in my afternoon class "The Faux Leather Technique" if you decide to join us. I will have this technique done in "many forms" and the samples will either be in the booth or at the entrance of Scrapfest. I do love this technique, it is just sooooooooo darn versatile.
Anyway, I look forward to meeting you and I know you will love what your
"Cathie Allan", Position-it can do for you. Did you know that I put some videos on "Youtube"? Beware they are made by amateurs (my hubby and I ) but they do show you how to use my "Position-it". It really does open up a world of "stamping possibilities.
With smiles, ink, stamps and YES ... a "Position-it",
Cathie
Sparkles!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Excited about my Cathie Allan Position-it Reply with quote

I was at my LSS "Skribbles and Scraps" in Sarnia last Friday night for our weekly open crop, or "play time" as I like to think of it. I watched Jennie the owner play with her new toy -the Cathie Allan Position-it. The depth of colour she achieved with multiple layers of ink was fabulous! Oh the possibilities!

Well, I was SOLD and I am now the proud owner of my own Cathie Allan Position-it! I can't wait to play with it. Stamping just keeps getting funner and funner! LOL!

Sherry
Sparkles!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate

Last edited by Sparkles! on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great a.m. to you Sherry and everyone else,
Well I am just finishing my packing and I am off to the airport to meet ALL of you in a very short while. I AM SO GLAD that you see the possibilities of my "Posiition-it" ..... SO MUCH MORE than JUST a positioner. You've got it when you said "the depth of colour she achieved with multiple layers of colour was fabuous" ...... IT IS ABOUT STAMPING THE SAME IMAGE IN EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT! This is way I spent so much time developing this tool. I NEEDED to do just that and when I see others "turned onto" the same idea my creative heart leaps. The world of stamping has had all it's barriers broken down!! Yeah! for you Sherry and "yeah" for Jennie!!
See you all soon .... be safe and be well till I see you at "Scrapfest",
Smiles, ink, stamps and a "Position-it",
Cathie.
Jillian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched your videos, and that combined with Jayme Loge's words sold me on it! It JUST arrived on Friday before SF though, so I haven't had a chance to break it open yet...but today might be the day! Smile
Your videos were awesome, and I have tried the stamping in black with my little stamp-a-ma-jig with mixed results (it moves far too easily, but I couldn't wait for your position it to come in to give it a try. lol), so I'm really happy to have the real deal now!

I had other commitments during your class, but I did get to poke in at the very end to see what my sister had made, and you were just binding her book! They all looked so beautiful, and I picked up a few new stamps at SF that are awesome, so I will definately be playing with that. I have loved my chalk inks and have had those applicator sticks since my very first online scrappy order when my now 8 year old was a newborn. lol I have only used them together a few times sadly..just the 2 minutes to see what you had done in person, is enough to make me pull them out and pair them up again! Smile
Please come back next year again, so I get another chance at a class with you!

I hope your flight home was restful!
wgilbertson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Cathie, from sunny but cold Kitchener. I am still reeling from my very first ScrapFest and Cathie Allan class!! I SO enjoyed both tremendously, you will never know how you opened the door to my ink/stamp world. You mentioned in your class that if we had questions (I did not get my project completed) to contact you through Face Book or your email. Of course, I thought I would remember your email address (but I didn't) and I can't seem to locate you on Face Book. This forum is the only way I know how to contact you. HELP!!!!
Smile
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jillian, thank you for your very kind words. Once you begin using your Clearsnap stylus and its partner the foam tips you will begin to understand why they are always at my side. I look forward to seeing you next year!
Ahhhhh, "wgilbertson" (I am so sorry I do not have your first name) I LOVE THAT YOU LOVED THE CLASS .... email your questions to cathieallan@shaw.ca or I AM on facebook as Cathie Allan (Edmonton).
Hope that helps and I look forward to hearing from you.
The flight back was so smooth and although I was watching a wonderful movie I had to keep rewinding it as I continually fell asleep. WOW! I can hardly believe I was there ..... was I dreaming?
With still tired smiles but happy smiles,
Cathie.
Sparkles!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

Hi Cathie

I hope you have had time to catch your breath and maybe even have that glass of wine!

I just wanted to thank you so much for 2 fabulous classes! I learned so much and can't wait to design my own super stock using the techniques you taught us. I am sure you increase your fan base every time you teach. God has gifted you greatly!

I meant what I said about going on a stamping cruise with you as the instructor. Maybe Canadian Scrapbooker will think about putting one together - hint hint!

Take care Cathie, and again, thanks. You make ScrapFest great!

Sherry
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Sherry,
Yes, I think I am caught up now and yes I DID get to a glass of wine too. I am so glad you enjoyed the classes and thank you for all your kind words. Sometimes I think God gave me ink and stamps to keep me out of trouble (tee hee). About the cruisin' that is out of my hands and in the hands of those who love to organize. If one comes up I will let you know ..... stay tuned on "Facebook" or check the Canadian Scrapbooker, website for where I am teaching in upcoming events.
Again, thank you for ALL your kind words and it was awesome meeting everyone!!
Ink, stamps, smiles,
Cathie.
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Thank you Cathie Reply with quote

Cathie, you just weren't here long enough so you will have to come back to Kitchener in 2011. I know that those who were introduced to you this past weekend would love to see you again. And although I have never had the opportunity to take your class, I see what you can do and you are truly amazing.

We would all welcome you back with open arms. Thanks Cathie for all that you do for ScrapFest, Stamping and the crafting industry.

Hugs,
Lisa

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,
You are SO WELCOME, and THANK YOU to you and all the wonderful "T A's" you blest me with in my classes. Scrapfest absolutely ROCKS and I am was very proud to be part of your event!!
With smiles and ink,
Cathie.
Sparkles!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: glue for ink applicators Reply with quote

Hi Cathie

You mentioned a glue that was great for reattaching the ink pad to the applicators when they pull apart. What was that fabulous stuff? I have some unused ones that are already pulling apart - the glue must have dried out.

Thanks and take care!

Sherry
Cathie Allan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sherry,
The glue was "Crafter's Choice", Ultimate tacky glue. This I use for my pigment, dye,fluid chalk pads and for reassembling stylus tips. For "Ancient Page" I simply use "Super Glue".
This works so well I rarely have to "re glue"!!
Sunday smiles,
Cathie.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 16th and 17th, 2010 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: