hey! i'm a first timer with questions! :)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  

how much money should i plan to bring?
0-50
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
51-100
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
101-200
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
200+
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

craftylaura

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: hey! i'm a first timer with questions! :) Reply with quote

hey everybody.

soooo this will be my first time attending scrapfest and i have some questions... Smile

what can i expect going here?
i understand there's a marketplace where you can buy cool products etc...

but i dont really understand it all?

could someone please explain what the vip is, and how everything works?

sorry if i'm sounding vague...

also i know there are classes available, are these ones you pay extra for, etc?

thanks Smile
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: answers to some questions Reply with quote

Thank you for posting some questions. There will be lots of information posted under "registration" by the middle of this week. We are working hard at getting all of the details in there for your review.

OK, I am biased because I am the owner but hoping some participants will post their comments here for you as well. VIP night is a BLAST!! For $18 (+GST) you get a fun filled evening and the opportunity to return on Saturday for some more shopping. Here is the description!!

VIP Night is back!! Join us for a very special evening on Friday, April 17th, 2009. This is an evening for 400 Very Important Participants. Everyone will receive a 2 day event pass (good for both Friday's VIP Night & Saturday's Marketplace), and a "Scrap Bag" filled with goodies. As well, Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine will (also) be providing each participant with a copy of the newly released Spring issue in addition to donating 25 special gifts that will be randomly dropped into the VIP Scrap Bags.

There will also be a grand prize draw, special make 'n takes, and demonstrations throughout the evening. If you donít have enough time to see all of the booths in one evening then return on Saturday for another fun-filled day of shopping, creating and learning.

Classes are an additional cost and pricing depends on the instructor and length of class/workshop. These range from $35-$55. There will be classes for everyone whether you are a beginner or expert that focus on layouts, stamping, cards, photography and more.

When registration opens on Jan. 31st, you can order everything in advance on line using paypal or by sending a cheque. You just put what you would like into your "shopping cart" and follow the steps to check out. We will have your passes ready for pickup at the registration table at the event under your name.

Hope this helps!!
bluejeanmama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can add much to Lisa's answer.

Basically VIP night is a chance to get into the marketplace without being crowded. Marketplace is where all the stores set up their mini stores and some of them do make n takes or demonstrations. Some of them
do prize giveaways and draws. Some have regular prices and some have some great special deals. VIP ticket means you come back on Saturday and catch anything you missed Friday and more giveaways
and prizes.
Classes are separate and cost extra.
There is also a crop that you can pay extra for and attend. I didn't get
to do this last year and I regretted it. You could hear all the fun they
were having. You get to crop but still go back and forth to the marketplace. That is what I am definately doing this year.
Bobbi-Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VIP is definitely worth it, it is nice to be able to shop before the crowds on Saturday. I think I am doing the crop this year too, I didn't last year. Scrapfest is a blast!! Oh and start saving those pennies now, because the stores on hand will have a lot of stuff, at some great deals, and before you know it you have spent way more than you thought Laughing
cottagerca

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura:

I went to the crop last year! We had lots of fun! Lots of distractions and lots to look at.

Suggesting if you decide to crop, be sure you have kits (prelimary work done ie: photos, papers, ribbons etc) made up before you go.

As fas as how much money you need to take to shop, I would suggest you have a list of what you are interested in. I didn't have a list and was trying to remember what I wanted and needed. That memory work doesn't work, with all the eye candy at the market place you can barely remember your own name...lololo Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked Surprised Razz

Good Luck
Jillian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely save as much as you can for it! Like Bobbi-Lynn said, it doesn't take long to find you've spent a bunch...but have the coolest and often hard to find stuff to show for it! Very Happy
Limmer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to make sure I am clear. The $65 includes the VIP stuff? Or not?
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: ScrapFest Crop Reply with quote

The $65 is the ScrapFest Crop and this does include your VIP pass which allows you into the marketplace for both Friday and Saturday.

It also allows you early admittance to the marketplace at 4pm on Friday, the Ultimate Crop Party with Karen Ellis of Go Scrapping from 5-midnight, a "crop" bag, more cropping time on Saturday from 9-9, layout contest, creativity contests, prizes, and more!!

This I would say is the best deal of the show!! If you are looking for a cropping and shopping experience and are looking for some fun... then the ScrapFest Crop is it!!

If you are looking for shopping (and not cropping) then the VIP pass is what you would be interested in. This allows you admittance to the Marketplace (with 35+ exhibitors) on Friday at 5pm - 10pm and to return on Saturday from 9-5pm. You also will receive a "scrap" bag.

Hope this helps!! Have fun registering!!
Limmer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We came down last year for classes and shopping Sat only last year. I think we might extend the trip to do the Fri crop as well this time.
wustaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring as much as you can afford
mgoddss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent far too much last year.

I called my DH two booths in and said I needed more money. By the time I finished the Friday night I had spent around 400. When Saturday finished it was over 500

Just bring what you can, and enjoy yourself by meeting new people, and laughing!!!

TT
M
Kimmer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bring what you KNOW you can afford.

If you are coming to VIP night, this will be a good opportunity to view all of what the vendors have to offer without the big crowds.

Go around first with pen & paper and mark down what you would REALLY like to buy (and can truly use) and its price. Make your decisions and go back around to make your purchases.

I was amazed last year at the great deals (especially package/kit deals) and all of the wonderful demonstrations, as well as make and take options.

It's like any other marketplace that attend, spend as much or as little as you like.

If nothing else, walk away with some wonderful ideas and exicitement for scrapbooking.

Enjoy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 17th and 18th, 2009 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: