Classes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 11th and 12th, 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Classes Reply with quote

I'd like to comment that the classes are a bit on the expensive side this year, a few years back there was more of them and they were more reasonable . I've been going to the Scrapfest for a few years (I think 3-4) and suggest more layout classes on the Saturday (have shopping & make & takes for vips on friday night) & cropping on the sat all day for the vips. I need to get as much scrapping accomplished as possible on these weekends and lots of theme layout classes make that possible.

Looking forward to see how it all works out this year, glad the venue is bigger and closer to home for us!
Mabel
Susanm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you mean about the cost. Unfortunately, being on a tight budget I wanted to take in the Crop Party so decided I really couldn't do anything else although I would have luved to. I really would like to do the card class but don't want to miss out on anything at the Crop Party and lose that time getting organized, etc.
Not well planned time wise for that.
I know that the "teachers" are probably fairly pricey and the supplies, etc. therefore the high cost of classes. A little too much money taken away from shopping for me!!
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Classes Reply with quote

Thank you ladies for your comments. I really appreciate your feedback. I will also have feedback forms at the event, so please take the time to fill these out as well. We are always looking for ways to improve.

In regards to the class pricing, we have to pay the teachers per student, pay for their expenses (flights, meals, accommodations, etc...) and we have to pay for the rooms where the classes are being held in. I mention this only so you will have an understanding of what the costs are involved with running these classes at ScrapFest. We really wanted to bring some amazing instructors/designers to you!

I hope that you will enjoy your time at ScrapFest in Kitchener. We have worked extremely hard to make this event a enjoyable one!! Speaking of work... back to it!!
mgodss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Lisa!!!

I totally understand the costs.

New venue = more $$$
Great teachers = more $$$
Supplies = $$$

I get it.

The DRM Diva's have a scrapping weekend coming up, so my $$$ are going to stock up for that weekend. Laughing This will be a make n take, and shop time for me. Which I am totally looking forward to.

The last class I took was with Kerry at the Sewing and Needlework Festival, and she was amazing!!! I totally loved her class, and would take another in a heart beat. I think that anyone signed up for her class will have an awesome experience and learn a lot.

Maybe next year I will take the classes.

But I have to get through this year first!!!
Shocked

TT
M
Susanm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize there are huge costs involved in brining these teachers in and that it would be amazing to take a class, I just can't justify the crop and classes if I want to do any shopping at all.
mgodss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you Susanm

that is why I am just doing the shopping. Can't justify the classes and crop and shopping.

But taking the class with Kerry when I did, was great!!! If you get a chance to do that I would highly recommend doing it.

But I totally understand what you are saying!!! Budgeting in this corner as well!!!

TT
M
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

I hope you all have a wonderful time at ScrapFest. No matter what you have signed up for, it is an opportunity to take some time out of our busy lives for ourself!! What could be better than a little scrapbook shopping with friends!!
kerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: thank you! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that I am SOOO excited to be teaching at Scrapfest this weekend! I have been busy kitting the HUGE class kits for both classes and organizing the PILES of giveaways!

It will be so great to see old friends and to meet new ones as well.

Also, thank you mgodss for the very nice comments about my class at the CreativFestival last fall. Very Happy
Can't wait to chat again.

If I don't see some of you in the classroom, then I look forward to seeing you at the crop on Friday night or in the marketplace on Saturday. Come by our booth and say "hi." Catherine and I will both be there.

As my 6 year old would say..."only two more sleeps!"

Kerry
jo-ann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i look forward to scrapfest everyyear and now with scrapfest being local i want to expereince everything so i signed up for both night crops and 2 classes! everytime i left paris scrapfest i always felt the tug back, but someone else was doing the driving! lol
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: The ScrapFest Experience Reply with quote

JoAnn,

It looks like you are going to experience the true ScrapFest experience... Shop, Crop, Learn, Create!!

I hope you get to drive yourself to this one Very Happy Very Happy

SCRAPFEST countdown.... ONE DAY! I am in Kitchener and after this post I am off and running!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 11th and 12th, 2008 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: