Are you going to the Crop Party??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 11th and 12th, 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goscrapping

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Are you going to the Crop Party?? Reply with quote

If you are... love to chat with you before the event!
I CAN'T WAIT to be your host at Scrapfest! I have a lot of fun things planned for you lucky people attending the VIP Crop!

Be prepared to scrapbook your own stuff, of course... but also know that I will be distracting you throughout the evening with games and challenges -- all for prizes so generously donated by Scrapfest Sponsors.

Can't wait!

So... introduce yourself. Say hi! Let us know if you are going to participate in the Layout Contest or the "Show us your Creativity" challenge or if you are just there to shop, crop and have a great time!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Go Scrapping's Blog
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Here are some details!!!! Reply with quote

THE VIP ULTIMATE CROP PARTY!!
We are thrilled that you will be joining ScrapFest and Karen Ellis of GO SCRAPPING for the VIP Ultimate Crop Party!!

SHOW US YOUR CREATIVITY CONTEST!!
Yes, we want to see how far you will go using your creative minds!! Decorate your table, create a centerpiece, dress up in costumes, etc… the ideas are limitless. Prizes will be handed out to groups of four based on the ScrapFest crop table of 4 participants. There will be three judges who will evaluate all entrants at 10:00pm and then ScrapFest will announce the winners at 11:00pm.

Larger groups are welcome. For larger groups, there will be 4 identical prizes awarded and it will be the responsibility of the group to decide who shall receive these prizes. So get your creative juices flowing, gather your group of friends and start designing your theme for the Ultimate Crop Party “Show us your Creativity” Contest!!

PAGE LAYOUT CONTEST!
Show off your talent at ScrapFest in Kitchener at the VIP Ultimate Crop Party! Enter the Page Layout Contest for a chance to win a ScrapFest prize basket filled with scrapbooking goodies thanks to our wonderful sponsors!!

Vicki Boutin, Jen Starr and Trisha Ladouceur will be on hand to personally judge the entries! Don’t be shy, pull out those layouts and make your selection. We know there’s lots of hidden talent out there, show us your best layout!

Our theme for ScrapFest in Kitchener’s Layout Contest is …..
“SPRING BLING!!!!!"

Important details to note:
•Limit of one layout per person (up to a two-page spread – please tape two page spreads together in the correct order)
•Layouts must be the original work of the entrant, no copies, no kits, and the entry must be unpublished
•Complete an entry form, available at the Go Scrapping table in the crop area and attach to the back of your entry
•Turn in your layout to Karen Ellis of GO SCRAPPING by 9:30pm on Friday, April 11th
•Originals are not required, copies are acceptable
•It is recommended that you submit your layout in a page protector
•Winners will be announced by Karen Ellis of GO SCRAPPING and Lisa Sales Furtney of ScrapFest at 11pm on Friday, April 11th
Pages will be judged on photography, journaling, creativity, and Best Overall. The Best Overall winner will receive a ScrapFest prize basket and 2 honourable mentions will also receive a prize.

Please note: ScrapFest organizers assume no responsibility for any scrapbook layout pages lost, damaged, or not received.

See you at the VIP Ultimate Crop Party!!!

Come SHOP CROP LEARN & CREATE with us!!

Last edited by ScrapFest Lisa on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: FAQs for the Crop Party!! Reply with quote

Frequently Asked Questions regarding the VIP Ultimate Crop Party:

1. Will I have access to the VIP marketplace to shop?
Yes, you have a VIP pass as well. This will give you the opportunity to shop in the marketplace from 5pm – 10pm. Of course, you will have the chance to continue cropping until midnight after the marketplace has closed.

2. What should I bring to the crop?
Try to plan ahead and bring some projects to work on. There is an elevator down to the marketplace floor where the crop is being held but you will not want to make several trips. Please no rolling totes in the shopping area. Please take this directly down the hall and through the crop entrance doors into the crop party area. This will be well marked.

3. Will I have access to any tools/cutting systems at the crop?
Yes, Karen Ellis of GO SCRAPPING will be providing a tool table for the participants to use during the cropping hours. Here is what she is generously providing at the tool table:
2 Sizzix Machines
Cuttlebug Machine … both with various fonts and shapes
Misc. Punches
Curvy Cutter System – Circles and Ovals
Coluzzle Cutting System – Various shapes and fonts
Heat Guns
Patterns , Templates and Idea Books

4. Can I reserve a table for a group of us?
Please inform ScrapFest of your request to reserve a table with your friends and we will do our best to accommodate you. Tables are setup for four and/or eight.

5. Is there a food concession in the marketplace?
Yes, there is a food concession that will be open during the hours of the marketplace from 5pm – 10pm. If you are bringing water to the crop, please make sure that you leave this on the floor so that we don’t have any accidents.

6. Is the cropping area secure?
The crop area is draped off from the marketplace. Only VIP croppers will be allowed into the cropping zone. All of you will receive name badges at the event and all other VIP members (who only have a pass to shop) will be wearing pink wristbands. Karen, along with her team will only allow VIP Crop participants into the room at all times.
Karen and her team will do their very best to ensure a secure environment but like any other large crop, it is impossible to keep an eye on everything and everyone. ScrapFest and GO SCRAPPING cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen products.

goscrapping

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this Lisa!

Go Scrapping's Blog
cottagerca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lisa:

The group I belong to, is trying to think of a theme for our table at Friday's crop night!!! Very Happy

Wanted to ask about the two contest that are mentioned.

Spring Bling" and also our "Show Us Your Creativity Contest.

The Spring Bling has been explained to bring in a photocopy of a layout, which I am working on.

What is the Creativity Contest????? I have not seen the information on that contest.

Thanks

Ava
cottagerca
ScrapFest Lisa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Show us your CREATIVITY contest... Reply with quote

SHOW US YOUR CREATIVITY CONTEST at SCRAPFEST IN KITCHENER!!
Yes, we want to see how far you will go using your creative minds!! Decorate your table, create a centerpiece, dress up in costumes, etc… the ideas are limitless.

Prizes will be handed out to groups of four based on the ScrapFest crop table of 4 participants. There will be three judges (our very own talented designers/instructors Vicki Boutin, Trisha Ladouceur, and Jen Starr) who will evaluate all entrants at 10:00pm and then ScrapFest will announce the winners at 11:00pm.

Larger groups are welcome. For larger groups, there will be 4 identical prizes awarded and it will be the responsibility of the group to decide whom shall receive these prizes.

So get your creative juices flowing, gather your group of friends and start designing your theme for the Ultimate Crop Party “Show us your Creativity” Contest!!

april

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone need a fourth person for their group? I am cropping solo.
Susanm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am solo as well, I posted on another site but no one responded so I guess most people are in groups.
I guess I will just have to wait and see, or sit in the corner by myself!!! Sad

I had hoped to get in with a group with a theme so that I could participate in the contest but.........hey?!?!.......maybe I could do it at my single table in the corner !!!!! there's an idea, I feel better now. Laughing
goscrapping

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Susan! You will know lots of people there!
No one puts Susan in a corner! Laughing Laughing It's all good. I think people are still trying to figure things out. It will sort out in the wash a-okay!!

April... Looking forward to meeting you at the crop.

The crop will be very informal and will have a fun atmosphere. Never worry when coming to crops solo. In my experience, scrappers are the best people and make friends really easily!! Come one, come all and have a great time!

Go Scrapping's Blog
Mellissa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Karen
Im really getting excited about Fri night. Although I had to come home from work sick today Sad
Ive started packing a few bags. Hmmmmm, my revolution wont fit in anything though, lol. I have 5 LO's prepared so need to plan quite a few more.

No worries April and Susan, you wont be solo for long.
I never go to crops with anyone but always find a few friendly folks to sit with. This time I will be sitting with 3 others that I actually know, lol. Most of the time I just sit with strangers who dont stay strangers for more than a few mins.

I know Karen will make yall feel right at home, right away.
Susanm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, I'm so used to doing things on my own that I'm not at all concerned. I went to my first Go Scrapping Crop alone and was invited to sit with a group and still go alone. Meet some wonderful people that way. Isn't it wonderful how Scrappers are so friendly, and willing to share both ideas, help and supplies? I luv it!!
goscrapping

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellissa, I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!! At least in time to play Friday night.

You guys have it spot on!! You know me... the more the merrier! We're just one big scrapping family!

Go Scrapping's Blog
mgodss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!!!!!!! No crop party for me Sad

BUT YOU WILL HEAR ME!!!! Well US, because D n R will be with M.

Karen are we allowed to pop our heads in the room and say hello?

Cause if not we will call loudly from the hall until you come out and say hi!!!

Look for the sparkles, we will be all a-bling!!!!

TT
M
goscrapping

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys make me smile!!!
Call away!!! ....maybe I shouldn't dare you! Shocked

I will be very disappointed if you don't pop by the Crop Area to say Hi!! Be sure you do!! Wink

Go Scrapping's Blog
jo-ann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going alone per se! i have so many people to meet and greet from my on-line groups so i wont really be alone! i cant wait to get there!
meet n greets, make n takes, shop n crops!! OH MY!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScrapFest Forum Index -> ScrapFest Kitchener April 11th and 12th, 2008 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: